Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

frequencies:ausflag:

emubob

if the se pro operates between 1.5 and 100 khz,how many individual frequencies does it shoot into the ground and recieve?if the noise cancel chooses the quietest channel to operate in,is that a frequency and if so how many frequencies make up one part of the noise cancel,seeing that they only have 11 channels to operate in?when the machine says it will operate in channel 5 is that 5x1.5=7.5khz or what?my wife always said i was annal,but,i like to know.emubob

Bob,I think you have some valid(not annal)questions (I would also like to know the answers to),but youll probably have to call Minelab and hope someone there can answer them.I had asked one of their service techs a while back ,what the 28 specific operating frequencies of Explorer were and he couldnt answer..I was told just whats in the book--28 frequencies from/between 1.5 khz and 100khz......So,if its using 28 channels(frequencies)why does it only select 11 for noise cancelling??.Well, in the SE manual,Noise cancel section(pg.56)it states the noise cancel will listen to EVERY channel for the quietest one....is that every channel of 28??? or 11???..You see,transmitting even on a single frequency gets complicated.Thats why most manufactures only use one frequency for their machines..Even though Minelab states 28 frequencies,chances are their not all putting out the same power..If you take for example,transmitting the 1.5khz signal it will inherantly also transmit a harmonic signal multiple (x2,3,4 etc)to that freq..so youll also get 3khz,4.5khz,etc signal that the power will decreasing as the multiple increases..so techenacally,(for example)transmitting 1.5khz at a specific power and allowing the 2nd and 3rd harmonic(3khz@50% power + 4.5khz@25%power) to pass(filtering),you can say its a 3 frequency machine even though the power is not the same on all channels...maybe the explorer only has 11 primary frequencies and the other 17 are harmonics...????..just my thoughts...Ralph

I second that...call Minelab and talk to a tech.......
PS: remember this even though I drive my car everyday I certainly couldn't overhaul the motor or understand how the transmission works....perhaps your question has validity and getting the answer from the horse mouth may get you a valid answer...

Your confusing Frequencies with Channels. I read it's 1.5 kHz to 100khz and in groups of 28 of those frequencies so each CHANNEL is composed of groups of different KHZ frequencies all spaced further apart no 2 channels with all the same frequencies within them.

Channel one may be 1.5khz,, 5khz, 7.5khz etc. or some such spacing of the frequencies getting further apart so there is 28 within that one channel. Channel 2 may go 3.khz, 7.5khz, 13khz, getting further apart etc. then Channel 3 may be 5khz, 13khz, 21khz etc getting further apart..
When you do a noise cancel it like said listens to these 11 different channels of different frequencies to see which will be the quietest for that particular area due to soil and EMI. etc. Can be the same in your small town each time or just a few different ones. My area it's channel 6,9,10,11 most all the time when I noise cancel. I have read where someone experimented with the different channels due to their different frequencies within them to see if one was better for coins and one was better for gold or rings and I believe the lower channels like 1, or 2 hit better on coins especially deeper ones and the higher channels 11 were better for rings and gold. You'll have to try that and let us know. I may have that backwards but think not.

Wow this is a cool setting change test. I'll have to look up my previous settings and see what happens. I changed my channel because when hunting with another Exp on same channel there was a conflict and we couldn't hunt close enough to share the fun.
So, thanks for bringing up this topic

I have changed my frequency from 6 to 2 and tested in several different area's or fields. In the tot lot it hit coins and deep with no problem.
I went to a large park that has several different soils although I was moving around a lot - I was able to pin point coins much better.
But I am still not convinced that the frequency matters - so my jury is still out and it might take awhile for more testing.

You'll never in your wildest dream get a answer to this question, it's like the chicken or the egg.I've read and even called Minelab,and I never got a straight answer.I don't think they even know.lol