Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fresh drops musings!

Goldstrike

First off, it's obviously not silver! I sure wished it was though!! I just wanted to say that I'm constantly scanning the ground hoping to come across fresh drops which can be eyeballed unless they have been stepped on or pressed into the ground by those big park lawnmowers or foot traffic. A lot of drops blend in very well with the ground cover unless your looking for something good like most of us are! I've learned to just have fun with metal detecting even when good targets are few and far between and tomorrow is another day and another opportunity to look for the gold!!!

Good find and even better advice! I've always been a hunter and will gladly pick up a penny; even those zinc abominations. Over the years I have eyeballed numerous bills (a 20 once!), several pieces of silver jewelry, and even a 10k gold ring when I was a kid. When we walk the dog, my wife is always asking me 'did you just find that?'
Remember, all those metal detecting finds started life as a fresh drops.

Champ Ferguson said:
Good find and even better advice! I've always been a hunter and will gladly pick up a penny; even those zinc abominations. Over the years I have eyeballed numerous bills (a 20 once!), several pieces of silver jewelry, and even a 10k gold ring when I was a kid. When we walk the dog, my wife is always asking me 'did you just find that?'
Remember, all those metal detecting finds started life as a fresh drops.

Thanks C.F......I'm finding that most metal detectorists will pass on the pennies and the parks are loaded with them where I live. It's interesting just what people drop on the ground and unless your scanning the ground like we do, some items blend in and are consequently are easy to miss. There are always chances to find thin gold chains that won't create a signal unless there's a large enough clasp. Have fun out there!! G.S.