Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fresh water beach depth ?

jerry123

Took my cz 21 and fors core to a Lake erie beach yesterday. I buried a nickel at 9" measured in dry sand and checked to make sure it was metal free. Ground balanced Fisher cz21 and got repeatable signals with iron eliminated. Ground balanced the fors core in D12 sens at 95 no signal did the same in D13 and cog with same results. In General mode I was able to get repeatable signal. Do you think the machine should have got a signal in one of the other 3 modes ?
Any tips would be appreciated.

Jerry

The Fors Core achieves good depth in COG mode but only with a setting of 98 and higher when approaching ground balance numbers of 0.0. Try 98-99 sens and ground balance the machine, set your ID mask at 20. In the super salty wet sand beaches of South FL 10" are easily attainable on nickel size objects.

No simply ground balanceto your soil conditions and keep sens at a minimum of 98 and the core will go fairly deep on the beach salt or fresh.