Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frist day with my GB pro...

JimGilmore

ok, I went out with the GB tied to my handle bars and have decided I need more exercise..I'm badly out of shape....but It will get better...If I do not have a stroke first...
Walk/ride walk ride...
ok. The park is 2 miles away according to google maps.
I think the par will hold my interest fo a long time though I might need to grab the 5"DD.
There is a lot of junk in the park.
I hunted for about a hour and found 6 quarters,3 dimes 5 nickles and 20 pennies. $2.25 ok just another 400 trips to turn a profit....
I did dig part of a hasp for something that needs a lock, a piece of copper that is sheet metal several bottle caps,both rusty iron and aluminum screw tops and picked up about 4 pull tabs.
This detector does sound off real nice on nickles.
pinpointing is still a lil off but I am working on it.

Great report Jim. Sounds like your "getting" it! If you have any questions feel free to call me! :twodetecting:

WTG !!! nothing great but on your way to learning the detector. :thumbup:

Lookin good Jim! The bike will save gas expense in reaching profitability, but be careful not to damage yourself or the GBPro in transit! MDing has helped me reverse about 10 years worth of weight gain over the last 3 months. So that is a possible plus to becoming addicted to grubbing in the dirt for pennies (while hoping for a pre '64 dime:bouncy:).
PS I bought some yellow plastic tape the mark my 11dd coil's pinpoint sweet spot, I'll let you know if it helps!

Tom,

nice to hear I do the same. Pre 1964 pennies LOL :rofl:I hunt with the Alpha too I love it backs up the G2. Let's me know where the Iron is.

Yeah, well being here in NYC I have ballooned from 215 to 235. So I figure It is going to take a month or 2 to get below 225 at least. B/p is my biggest concern but I think I can take it. in a 2 mile trip 2x a day 3 days a week.

We shall see how long it takes till I can bike all the way there... I also found a single brass key...

maybe trim a little weight just by being out moving, even slightly, because that keeps us (I am including me in this :( ) away from the couch, a table, some snacks and other munchies. I tend to put some weight on in the long boring wintry months and always look for some good spring weather to get out detecting, break my bad habits, and enjoy a little lost-and-found.

That is, lost-some-weight and found-some-good stuff.
:thumbup:

Your coin recovery was fine so just keep on detecting, learning, finding, and doing it all over again.

Monte

Actually to be 100 % honest...I do not need 200 trips to recoup what I have spent on the detector and headphones or lose weight...When I go detecting it means I am not going to the coffe shop and going to a movie wile the nurses aid is in the house taking care of my mom.
So it will save me the bucks i've been spending when I need out...

excess snacking and getting out detecting to help lose weight as something that I need to do. It helps me when the weather warms up to be out and away from home more.

It's 31

I'm hoping the weather tomorrow is better, when the nursing girl is here to care for mom....
Then I'll again hit that oval of grass I was on.. figure it will take me a long time to clean the coins out of it...