Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

From time to time

A

Anonymous

Mr. Bill or I will make a post about the Discovery Treasure Baron Cointrax and how it performs. Neither of us is gaining anything from what we post about them, we do it because we've both used many different detectors and know how the Baron stacks up against the others. As for me,I never intended to use the Barons. Now I'm a dedicated Baron user and even host a website dedicated to them. Here's why I started using them.
I dealt in used detectors for a long time, had and tried a lot of the top end detectors and settled on the CZ's as they seemed to do better here than any of the others. I was happy with them, then I was offered a Cointrax Baron at a bargain 5 or 6 years ago. I knew nothing about them but the price guaranteed a profit so I bought it just to resell. I always used the detectors to make sure they were ok before selling them so I took the Baron with an 8" coil to a Civil War site, along with a friend using a CZ with a 10.5 inch coil I loaned him. I dug a few assorted size bullets down to 8 inches or so with strong signals, that made me take notice as some of them were .36's and .50's, then the friend called me over and asked me to check a signal. He pulled the headphone plug on his CZ so I could hear it, swung over the target and got a low tone with an occasional weak high tone mixed in and said he was sure it was iron but wanted me to check it. The Baron gave a fairly strong high tone signal, the meter locked on zinc cent and the depth meter pegged out. I told him it was probably a deep .58 minie or .69 round ball. He started digging but gave up when he hit a wrist sized root at about 10 inches. I dug around the root and came up with a .58 minie that was at least 13-14 inches from the surface of the ground. A couple of weeks later I hunted alongside a CZ-70 with 8 inch coil and could ID iron and minies deeper with the 5.5 inch coil on the Baron than the CZ would with the bigger coil. I sold both CZ's I had and kept the Cointrax, still have it. Now the Cointrax II chip George has designed makes it even deeper with a lot of user options.
Mr Bill and I aren't trying to sell Barons, we're just spreading the word a little about a very high performance detector.
JB

If I can chime in here, JB is correct. Neither he or I have any vested interest in the Discovery Detector Company the manufacture of the Baron detectors, or Hambyware LLC, the company that developed the Cointrax II chip.
This whole thing started a few years back when there was talk on a different forum about the need for programming changes to the Cointrax module, used in the Discovery detectors. There was a little annoying thing about the original Cointrax that it would revert back to factory settings after every turn off. At the time I had never seen or used a Discovery detector. The posted thread about it had caught my interest. As it turns out, George Payne the design engineer of the Cointrax, frequents this particular forum, and chimed it with a few statements, and answers about the Cointrax unit. He thought there wouldn