Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fulltime Machine

Oldpawnjoe

How many of you use this as your main machine are beaches are pretty clean and will be used in the water 99% of the time

I'm a freshwater hunter and this is my main machine. It finds what the others have missed.

The ATX is my most used detector of the 11. Now that I said that I have to say most of my 400-600 hours (per year) of detecting is done off season in the salt waters of New England. There is places were my Infinium is the only detector I will use. In fresh water the ATPro with the BIG NEL coil is a great summer fresh drop detector. A Troy X5 is best for stud earrings and small gold chains. There is NO one detector that can "do it all". So I choose from the 11 detectors (PIs, single, dual and BBS frequency) and the best coil from some dozen accessory coils, for a combination that will give me the best results in any given area / environmental conditions / anticipated target.

For general detecting hunts: IF I could have only ONE detector I would have to choose the Excalibur; For a light detector on the beach sand...the White's SurfMaster Pro (hip mounted) gets the job done. In salt water my favorite is the ATX; Fresh water lakes either the ATPro or the Excalibur - Older detectors die hard; fresh water rivers with rocks the Infinium with it 3X7 coil - nice between the rocks. If I lived elsewhere, my choices would be different. again depending on location, conditions, desired target(s).

Where I hunt in California, the freshwater rivers in my area are full of heavy mineralized black sand. My old Infinium worked good but not as deep as ATX, My AT pro and AT Gold were missing alot of deeper targets and only picking up extremely shallow targets and chattering alot in the heavy blacksand. My Excal 2 worked great in lakes but it nulled all the time except on auto in the river but not as deep as ATX. My ATX works flawlessly in this enviroment for me but I do pickup alot of deep iron. So I agree that there isn't just 1 machine that can do it all.

This is my machine I use 99% of the time. Water hunters usually dig all signals. Using the ATX gets me many more signals to dig, and the more signals you dig, the more keepers you get.