Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2 compared to AT Pro next week I'll let ya know

Hdnsouth

Well the outfit I work for is sending me out of town leaving 03-07 I ordered a G2 from Big Boy's and already have an AT Pro I grew up around my Dad's Garrett discriminator and so when it came time to buy one for myself I bought the GTI 2500 don't know if it was me or the machine but I never cared for it I bought the AT Pro then sold the GTI 2500 to finance the G2. I already have permission to hunt an old farm 10 miles north of Trenton, MO. where I'll be working and am thankful the structures are still standing the areas I normally get to hunt are foundations only and I believe they filled the house's to the rafters with nails and then dismantled them with a bomb slinging nails by the thousands in all directions. So I'll be taking both machines with me and see how they do side by side. Good luck to me and I'll talk to you all when I get back in a few weeks.

They are both excellent tools and a pleasure to use with the potential for results when used in a correct manner in the right place by a competent guide.

AT-ProGB-Pro_800.jpg

ivanll

I don't see any shark fins out there Ivanll.... go on in the water looks fine! :lol:

Which one of them handles that mean looking ground best ??? I see which one got the nugget :biggrin:

Tom

Will do Bart we are now leaving early on the 6th one of the younger guys on my crew wants to ride up with me and we are meeting some friends of mine in Cameron, MO. to shoot some clays then on into Trenton so I'll introduce him to guns and metal detecting I don't know who's more excited to go him or me fresh meat for the pot I guess but I think he'll like both and I have gotten permission to hunt two more places it's gonna be hard to stay at work but something has to fund my addictions I just hope the midwest doesn't drop into another deep freeze. Talk to ya all when I get back

To the At Pro is being a water machine, at least until they have a recall because they leak...:rofl:

Hdnsouth-----It will be very interesting to hear your "in-field" report on the G2 & AT PRO.-----Maybe give us a report on how those two detectors compare on actual "flagged targets", depth, etc.-----Looking forward to reading your results.---------Del

hello to you ive just got the new g2 could you please tell me what is the best settings for the beach and fields i was told to set it at 28 thank you very much andrew

Andrew,

We need a little information about where you hunt at. Here in Georgia, I would tell you set the gain all the way without EMI then set up where you get the (pig grunt) iron at 20 so you hear the nails. But that is here. The G2 is an awesome detector.