Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2 gets a plate!!!!!

sekypaleo

Not a lot of time to write, but went CW relic hunting today and got my second plate! The G2 absolutely rocks. Dug some deep minies also. I LOVE my G2!!!!!

Wow, congrats. That is awesome. How about some details. How deep, what kind of ground, maybe the story behind how the plate came to be where you were hunting. Trust me, everybody loves a plate. Nice job.

Don
HH

Thanks for the comments guys...ok, details. The site has been worked hard by myself and many others for 2 decades, but it is a very large site covering about a mile square and mostly heavily wooded. My buddy (Rick in Ky) and I had been hunting for about 3 hours before I found the plate. My only good find prior to that was a carvewd minie that was 8-9" deep. It was a soft/faint but repeatable signal that jumped around alot, but mostly read in the high 70's. The box plate was found over a hill in an area that I have never hunted before as when you drop over the hill the finds mostly stop. The plate was only 4" down and banged in at solid 84. Starngely no other finds were made around it...and we hunted hard! My thoughts are the the attachment loops broke and the soldier frisbee'ed it over the hill. As we concluded the hunt we stopped at a spot I found months ago that seems to be a target practice area. I had found several fired 58 cal minies there in a small area before, but when we checked it today we pulled 5 minies from deep in the ground using the G2 and Rick using a Shadow X-5. I have found twice now that really deep minies will often drop down in the 50's range. The G2 is absolutely a keeper..what a great machine!

Wow Nice !!!!! :cheers::thumbup::surprised::hot::jump::inlove: