Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2 with Nel Snake coil

Jackpine Savage

Well the weather turned for the worse up here in No. Michigan so I haven't had a chance to get out yet with the 3.5 x 6.5" Snake coil. I did do an air test on it and it hits a Buffalo nickel at 9" with a repeatable smooth tone. Should be a good one for iron hunting!

Tom

Tom (if you don't mind, it's easier to write), where are you in NM? I am on the west side near Lake City. It looks like we will have to wait another week or two for some good detecting weather.
I am interested in your testing because I am considering getting a G2+ in the near future. I'm still learning on my green T2, but from what I have come to understand is that the 19khz freq is better on the low conducting metals and should help me out with finding IH's at the logging sites. I won't have a lot of time to use it, as I will be starting a new job soon, but I need every advantage I can get so I don't feel quite so overmatched by my B-in-law's Explorer (XS?). I think he is going to get an E-Trac soon also.
I have been given some hunting tips by Revier and others that should help me become a better hunter whenever I can get out and get some practice in.
I know some of you guys probably think I should give the T2 a better chance before getting a G2, but I want to get another detector anyway so I will at least have a decent back-up machine.
My choices right now are between the G2+, the Fisher Gold Bug, or a Whites MXT Pro. I am trying to stay with something that is stronger on low conductors but still pretty simple to learn and use. I use to use a Coinmaster Classic II (Black box) but dug too much trash with it. What do you think? I'd really like to get other Teknetics users opinions.
Thanks
Clem

I m using the snake since it came out on a lobo i was tempted to get it on my goldbug BUT i think my lobo is a bit deeper i hunt only the River Thames in London lots of nails and iron

RR

Rivers rat said:
I m using the snake since it came out on a lobo i was tempted to get it on my goldbug BUT i think my lobo is a bit deeper i hunt only the River Thames in London lots of nails and iron

RR

So, some are still using tho Lobo in the UK! Loved them for use around large iron here in Michigan.

Tom

Are you the one in the video that found the gold coin mud larking?

Tom

Clem

Answered your PM I'm a bit north of you in Antrim County.