Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gain settings

A

Anonymous

I usually run mine at 4 up to 6. But, I recently read a post recomending a Gain setting of 10. Got me to thinking. Should a adjust my gain setting upward? Also, am I missing anything by running my gain at the midpoint?
Ken

Ken. I set my gain at 10 all the time. I was hunting a cellar hole on time and I was digging small bras buttons at about 8", they were very faint low signals. I decided to turn my gain up to 10 and see what would happen. The signal was much more clear, almost as if the button was only 4" deep. Emagine a signal at 10", you might not even hear it with your gain at 6. I am sure that when I dig coins at 14" if I had my gain at 6" I would not hear anything. Richard

Thank you..I really appreciate this info. I'll give it a try and see what happens
Thanks again
Ken

You said,"I am sure that when I dig coins at 14" if I had my gain at 6" I would not hear anything."
Richard have you tested it to see if that was the case or not for the "gain" setting?? It reads like you haven't verified that. Also curious what kind of coins were you digging at 14 inches??
Later
Don(TN)

I find that fast and deep cause a lot of noise. I guess you would call that falsing. Would a get as many good targets without using fast and deep? Ken