Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garret AT Pro vs. Equinox 800

Bobrow

I’m new to the hobby and currently have an old Fisher F2. I’m looking to purchase another metal detector and my current two choices are either the Garret AT Pro or the Equinox 800. I know this is the Garret thread, but interested in your thoughts. Thanks.

The AT Max would be a closer comparison to the EQ-800. Are you into water hunting and want a submersible detector? Then consider an Equinox and an AT Pro or AT Max. If not needing waterproof, also give the Apex a serious look. I enjoy mine a lot and they are a great value of features and performance for the dollar.

Monte

I have both, Equinox 800 and Garrett AT-Max, and both are great detectors. My AT-Max was my very first detector and I like it, but ever since I got the Equinox 800 I’ve not really used it much and it sits in a closet. I actually found my first gold ring with my AT-Max and still use it occasionally. However, in my opinion the Equinox 800 is the superior detector and only slightly higher in price. It is my go to detector for most of my hunts.

I have the A T Pro and Equinox 600 and while the A T Pro has served me well, I've had three of them, the Equinox with multi frequency is the better performer. It handles mineralized ground better, has better depth and target separation. I, however, still enjoy using the A T Pro on occasion. HH jim tn

The AT Max would be a closer comparison to the EQ-800. Are you into water hunting and want a submersible detector? Then consider an Equinox and an AT Pro or AT Max. If not needing waterproof, also give the Apex a serious look. I enjoy mine a lot and they are a great value of features and performance for the dollar.

Monte
I have not hunted water yet, but that seems like the next frontier. I am planning to visit the gulf this fall so would be nice to have something that can get wet and in shallow water. I will do a little research on the dif between the Garret Pro and Max. Thanks for your help!