Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garret ATX vs Garret Recon

Trooper5

Any body out there have any experience with the Garret ATX vs the Garret Recon? Seems they are quiet similar (both PI) though the ATX has a bit more discrimination capability and more coils to choose. A buddy of mine has a Recon and loves it but is toying with the idea of getting the ATX to get, as I am, It would nice if someone did a comparison video of these two machines.
Thanks

For gold, the ATX is far superior. It was designed to be hot on gold, from tiny to large nuggets. The Garrett Recon is tweaked to be more sensitive to ferrous material and also to changes within the matrix in the soil. It was designed to detect mines, not gold.

Although, it would be fun to have the Recon to play around with.

I have a iron pot full of iron burried at 34 inches and my recon can hit it. But that is it's limit, any deeper and it cannot see it. I am thinking that the atx with the bigger coil would do better than mine. Just trying to find out before getting one. Thanks

Thanks guys; I like the design of the ATX (and Recon) , very portable with the back pack; though the ATX (and Recon) might be a bit heavy to swing for a few hours. I'm more into relic/coin hunting but always would love to go on a gold search somewhere out west. I'm thinking the ATX would be good for relic hunting too as well as gold, but not sure.

Thanks

I have various other things burried to, and after I dig the hole I make a video on my phone and measure the depth with a tape measure, when it's in the hole so I don't forget how deep each one is.