Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett 5x8 dd field test

wildbill!!

I took the ATPRO with the new 5x8 coil to the old house site me and my buddy have been hitting hard for the past 3 weekends. The coil did great and it did help me sift through the iron. I only came up with one flat button and a bunch of small buckshot and lead. Like I said we have killed this place for the last month and I don't think there is much left out there. The 5x8 coil worked well and had decent depth, I'd say about 5"-6" max on button size objects. I have learned one thing, I do pretty good with the stock coil at finding the goodies mixed in the trash.

The 12" concentric has be a real eye opener for me in the trash, too. 5-6" on coin size targets with the 5 x 8 has been my experience as well. All the Garrett coils do love small targets. HH jim tn

The 12" concentric has be a real eye opener for me in the trash, too. 5-6" on coin size targets with the 5 x 8 has been my experience as well. All the Garrett coils do love small targets. HH jim tn
You like the 12" concentric coil better than the stock DD?

wildbill, I can't honestly say just yet. I initially bought it hoping it would get a little bit more depth then the stock DD. Of which, I'm not finding that it does. I am finding, though, it is finding me some good targets in very heavy trash that comprises tons of bottle caps, pull tabs of all types and a small mix of iron and can slaw. A many decades and heavily used picnic area that my hunting buddy and I have hunted countless times with a variety of detectors and coil sizes. I've always liked DD coils in small to large sizes for hunting in trash, but I am very pleased with the results I've been getting with the concentric hunting after all those DD's. Probably a place for both, perhaps? HH jim tn