Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett AT Sniper Coil

Sgt. Silverman

Had a chance to hit a couple tot-lots this morning. Nothing to write home about as they were both scraped over pretty well by someone else it seems. I've been on the fence on purchasing the AT sniper coil as I always faired well with the AT Gold stock coil but I went all in and purchased one the other day. I have to say, I'm not disappointed. I was able to get right up to the edge of the metal equipment and although the finds weren't steallar (a clad quarter and some zincolns along with a few pulltabs) it let me know that who's ever hunted there before left some potentially good targets behind.

If any of you are on the fence like I was, go for it. I now have zero regrets after this mornings performance. I hope this information helps and feel free to PM me if you'd like more details.

Have a Blessed weekend everyone!

Greg

Colossians 3:17

Had a chance to hit a couple tot-lots this morning. Nothing to write home about as they were both scraped over pretty well by someone else it seems. I've been on the fence on purchasing the AT sniper coil as I always faired well with the AT Gold stock coil but I went all in and purchased one the other day. I have to say, I'm not disappointed. I was able to get right up to the edge of the metal equipment and although the finds weren't steallar (a clad quarter and some zincolns along with a few pulltabs) it let me know that who's ever hunted there before left some potentially good targets behind.

If any of you are on the fence like I was, go for it. I now have zero regrets after this mornings performance. I hope this information helps and feel free to PM me if you'd like more details.

Greg

I've always liked sniper coils no matter which brand I had one on the atpro when I was released , hardly ever took it off, I do have the nel sniper coil on my eruotek pro , absolutely love it , glad it's worked out for you, can't go wrong with the right coil on the right soil , HHHANK

Roger that Hank, Roger that (y)

I put the New Sniper coil on both my Sovereign GT and Tejon this year. Very impressed for the few times I used them before getting layed up again back in May.
Curious, what sniper coil do you have for the Sov GT ?

Curious, what sniper coil do you have for the Sov GT ?
Yup
Almost new. Bought it for my dad in Alaska around 2010. He passed a year later used it twice.
Little brother finally sent it to me a couple years age from Alaska.
I've probably put 20 hrs on it so far.
Been layed up off and on last three years.
The Nel Sharp 3.5×6 coil on the Sovereign GT showed promise for the couple times I got to use it. Went quite deep for such a small coil.
The Tejon that little sharp coil comes alive.
Still deep too.

Yup
Almost new. Bought it for my dad in Alaska around 2010. He passed a year later used it twice.
The Nel Sharp 3.5×6 coil on the Sovereign GT showed promise for the couple times I got to use it. Went quite deep for such a small coil.
Still deep too.
I didn’t even realize NEL made a coil that size for the sov. Then again I never paid much attention. I mainly used the small 8” tornado coil on mine. Now that coil was actually 7 1/4” I believe and I could hit a 10” silver dime in my test garden. It wasn’t a solid slam dunk signal but definitely would of dug it. When I discovered this, the coil never came off. Awesome little coil and found me loads of silver.

I didn’t even realize NEL made a coil that size for the sov. Then again I never paid much attention. I mainly used the small 8” tornado coil on mine. Now that coil was actually 7 1/4” I believe and I could hit a 10” silver dime in my test garden. It wasn’t a solid slam dunk signal but definitely would of dug it. When I discovered this, the coil never came off. Awesome little coil and found me loads of silver.
Oops that's the Snake coil. Sharp is 5" round.
I also have the tornado and another DD coil.
Not to expensive either.
The 13 Ultimate coil is impressive and light on the Sovereign GT.
I put my control box in an old blue purse of my wife's. Cut a hole in the bottom for the coil wire.
Sling the strap across my chest. Bag hangs on my side.
Just swing the coil and shaft.
My only issue.
Bags gets in the way when on my knees digging a deep whole. I jet slip it off then.

Oops that's the Snake coil. Sharp is 5" round.
I also have the tornado and another DD coil.
Not to expensive either.
The 13 Ultimate coil is impressive and light on the Sovereign GT.
I put my control box in an old blue purse of my wife's. Cut a hole in the bottom for the coil wire.
Sling the strap across my chest. Bag hangs on my side.
Just swing the coil and shaft.
My only issue.
Bags gets in the way when on my knees digging a deep whole. I jet slip it off then.

I see what coil you are speaking of. I took a small ammo pouch and punch the hole in the bottom and the control box snugly fit right in with no room to spare. Installed the connector obviously from underneath. It also had a belt loop on it so it stayed on my side. What I miss the most are the tones on the sovereign. To me, the tones were magical and frankly, they still are. I truly wish Minelab could somehow implement these tones with an expanded TID into their next machine as I would most certainly purchase one.

Greg

I apologize for hijacking your post. It certainly was not my intention. When I had the AT Pro I used the small sniper coil and certainly helped pluck out coins out of junk infested hunting grounds. One old boy scout camp I used the 5x8" coil and beat the living daylights out of the place. I found many, many nice coins and other non-ferrous treasures. Then I went back with the Sniper and managed to find even more hidden coins that were too masked for that 5x8" coil. The Sniper coil is a very capable little coil. My only advice, go very slow in heavy trash.

No apology neccessary Jimmy (y) And thanks for the advice on the speed.

Have a Blessed week!

Greg

Yup
Still deep too.
Yes
I apologize for hijacking your post. It certainly was not my intention. When I had the AT Pro I used the small sniper coil and certainly helped pluck out coins out of junk infested hunting grounds. One old boy scout camp I used the 5x8" coil and beat the living daylights out of the place. I found many, many nice coins and other non-ferrous treasures. Then I went back with the Sniper and managed to find even more hidden coins that were too masked for that 5x8" coil. The Sniper coil is a very capable little coil. My only advice, go very slow in heavy trash.
Yes Sgt Silverman. I did not mean to highjack your post either. Sorry. I seem to get lost in these discussions. I have to blame it on my OCD and ADHD. 🤕
I have the AT Pro as well.
Would you have a link to that sniper coil ?

I see what coil you are speaking of. I took a small ammo pouch and punch the hole in the bottom and the control box snugly fit right in with no room to spare. Installed the connector obviously from underneath. It also had a belt loop on it so it stayed on my side. What I miss the most are the tones on the sovereign. To me, the tones were magical and frankly, they still are. I truly wish Minelab could somehow implement these tones with an expanded TID into their next machine as I would most certainly purchase one.
I wish minelab would make a New Sovereign using SMD technology. Weighing roughly 3 lbs.
Like Whites did with their fabulous MXT Pro.

I wish minelab would make a New Sovereign using SMD technology. Weighing roughly 3 lbs.
Like Whites did with their fabulous MXT Pro.
2lbs would be better 😂
A guy can dream can’t he?

Hey Odanscoils,

No apology necessary either (y) Love the healthy discussions out here concerning detecting information. I've learned a bunch between you and Jimmy's discussion so thank you. I've owned a few Minelab's over the years so this is great information for not only me, but our brethren out here.

As for the AT Sniper Coil and as much as I don't want to plug the "zon", I have to say after price shopping it they had the best price as they offered the lower rod and hardware as well which I really liked. You can find it here:

I've also purchased the Reaper coil (pretty good depth so far) and I went all on in the Big Bertha (my name for it not there's :LOL:) NEL 15" x 17" and I'm yet to give that a test run. I got the Reaper for yards and the NEL for farm fields.

Happy Hunting and Godspeed!

Greg

Hey Odanscoils,

No apology necessary either (y) Love the healthy discussions out here concerning detecting information. I've learned a bunch between you and Jimmy's discussion so thank you. I've owned a few Minelab's over the years so this is great information for not only me, but our brethren out here.

As for the AT Sniper Coil and as much as I don't want to plug the "zon", I have to say after price shopping it they had the best price as they offered the lower rod and hardware as well which I really liked. You can find it here:

I've also purchased the Reaper coil (pretty good depth so far) and I went all on in the Big Bertha (my name for it not there's :LOL:) NEL 15" x 17" and I'm yet to give that a test run. I got the Reaper for yards and the NEL for farm fields.

Happy Hunting and Godspeed!

Greg

Thank You for the reply and link.
Always fun to share knowledge.

After you put a small coil (sniper coil) on your machine you feel like your missing something, as it is so small compared to what your used too. But I have found the best finds ever with the smallest coils. I see some people in the Tot lots with pin pointers and that is small.
I hope all of you have a blessed day always:)

They have the Nel Snake and Sharp for the AT Pro as well.