Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Infinium Coils on ATX

I have actually been wondering if this would work and I know some people are also wondering if you can use ATX coils with the infinium? Maybe you could try that too and let us know what happens?

Grilled Scallops said:
I have actually been wondering if this would work and I know some people are also wondering if you can use ATX coils with the infinium? Maybe you could try that too and let us know what happens?

Wonder No more.
ATX DD coil will work on an Infinium LS.....but is not an improvement.

Steve, great stuff! Now if we could find out how to order the male and female water proofed connectors. We could build extension cables to be able to hipmount the ATX while using the ATX stock coils!

Hey man, that is too cool! I wish the mono's would work because, guess what..., I did the hot dirt test with ATX vs GPX on video (wind noise was so bad you could not hear anything I said or the detectors beeping, must redo, sucks!) BUT, to my surprise, the ATX with the 8" mono coil hit the 5.4 oz nugget at 18" in very hot dirt (as well as did the stock DD). This dirt jumps on my magnet that is on the end of my pick. Hot stuff. (see pics below) So, if the 8" mono can do that - think if Garrett made a 12"x10" mono or use those Infinium mono's. That would be killer!

The GPX 5000 performed as expected and very strong on the deep nugget. You just hear nothing but wind on the video!!!! Aaaahhhhhhhh!! :rage:

Here is screen shots below of the video.
[attachment 280684 ScreenShot2013-12-16at8.42.11AM.png]
[attachment 280685 ScreenShot2013-12-18at11.48.17AM.png]

BK

Well, I know the infinium coils worked on the recon pro also but garrett stated the atx coils would not work on the recon. Hmm, I figured they would since the big atx coil had the same part # as the one for the recon. If I had the extra cash I would by an atx coil and see for myself......Does anyone have a recon and atx they could test it out on?

Thanks Steve for taking the time to test the infinium coils with the ATX, Just joined your forum and have a question to ask so I'll ask there.

On another note, Now that we know the infinium coils work with the ATX have an idea on improving the last shaft setup I made for the Recon. Chances are I'll get the ATX and the infinium 10" x 5" DD to be used for the improved shaft version I have in mind. Will try and post a pic from my cell phone my camera died and this is the first shaft version I made and although it was extremely light in weight and worked well really wasn't happy with it. Just recently another idea surfaced and that one will be much better, Can't wait to make it and mount the !0"X5" DD :biggrin:

Cool! Was able to upload the pic from my cell phone.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

How do you intend check for impedance mis-matches between the ATX output and the Infinium coil's input?

Cheer,

Tye

bearkat4160 said:
Hey man, that is too cool! I wish the mono's would work because, guess what..., I did the hot dirt test with ATX vs GPX on video (wind noise was so bad you could not hear anything I said or the detectors beeping, must redo, sucks!) BUT, to my surprise, the ATX with the 8" mono coil hit the 5.4 oz nugget at 18" in very hot dirt (as well as did the stock DD). This dirt jumps on my magnet that is on the end of my pick. Hot stuff. (see pics below) So, if the 8" mono can do that - think if Garrett made a 12"x10" mono or use those Infinium mono's. That would be killer!

The GPX 5000 performed as expected and very strong on the deep nugget. You just hear nothing but wind on the video!!!! Aaaahhhhhhhh!! :rage:

Here is screen shots below of the video.
[attachment 280684 ScreenShot2013-12-16at8.42.11AM.png]
[attachment 280685 ScreenShot2013-12-18at11.48.17AM.png]

BK

Bearkat weren't you going to do a test video of the ATX with the deepseeker 20 inch mono?? come on man, show us with that thing can really do :)

Yeah man I have not got it yet can't wait to get it though.

Bk