Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Master Hunter 7 battery question

mortarman

I apologize if this question has been asked before. I just acquired a mint Master Hunter 7 ADS and wanted to know if I could use lithium-ion rechargeable batteries in it? 6 nine volts are goning to get expensive over time and trying to save some cash. The manual stated nicads were acceptable back then so hoping I can use lithium-ion now. Thanks!

Just make sure that each battery is exactly 9 volts(or lower,say 8.4) and not any higher. The old electronics can't take the extra juice!

There is a lot on you tube about building li-ion battery packs for things. Just make sure you bms for your pack.

I have a ADS 7,like new , I used it about 18 years ago. I liked the sound it made on coins, i sent it to Garretts and had it gone over and put it in its case and not used it again. I need to take it out and try it. I use a lite detector now, might just have to sale it.