Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett pinpointer ugh!!

Cacti

I like the Garrett carrot stick but does anyone else notice this. Push the button to turn on easy peasy. But when I go to push the button to turn it off it’s seems harder to push . It’s like I have to really think about how I push the button to get it to turn off. And that’s without wearing gloves. Yes? No? Let me know thanks

Last edited:
Yeah, it's touchy for sure. The problem that I've had in the past is it will change modes " vibrate to beep" and vise versa.
This one button controls everything, would be much better if there was a separate button for mode changing.

Yeah, it's touchy for sure. The problem that I've had in the past is it will change modes " vibrate to beep" and vise versa.
This one button controls everything, would be much better if there was a separate button for mode changing.
Yeah, s l 52, that happens to me a lot. Cacti, I've not noticed what you mentioned, but I do push button off finger exercises. :D HH jim tn

Cacti, I have a Garrett AT Propointer w/Z-Lynk technology paired with a set of MS-3's and my Apex. I also have a set of Garrett MS-3 Headphones and AT Propointer paired with with my F-75+, and a Headphone and ProPointer paired with an F-19, Bandido II microMAX and a Silver Sabre microMAX and I have never had a misbehavior with any of them.

I pamper all my detectors and gear,and use my right hand to handle a detector and Pinpointer. I press the button with my right thumb for a solid, direct press. Numbness and loss of strength can make it difficult to press On and Off with a finger.

As I said, I've never had a problem with any of my pin pointers and in turning them Off it just takes a momentary direct press, get the beep one time and release.

Monte

Had a similar(?) problem with my Z-Lynk carrot last fall where pushing button in became difficult. You had to push the button very hard to power the unit on or off. Eventually, You could barely depress the power button enough to power it on or off. Sent back to Garrett, under warranty. Looked like new when it came back a week later. Works fine. Ordered another Z-Lynk carrot as a backup. Done.

Glad to hear . Yes I think I figured it out to turn off I have to push right in the center of the button. It’s not just me had others try it with the same results . It’s no longer under warranty but I can live with it.