Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garry

A

Anonymous

THANK YOU GARY FOR THE GOOD DEAL. ITEM ARRIVED LIGHTING FAST, JUST AS DESCRIBED AND PACKAGED WELL. YOU CAN TRUST THIS GUY. NOTE TO ALL.PLEASE START TAKING PAYPAL, IT SURE SPEEDS THINGS UP AND ALLOWS PROTECTION TO ALL. THANK YOU GARRY. I WILL ENJOY IT. THANKS RONNIE

....is also a good way to lose your @$$ by chargebacks and fraud. Read the fine print. Then visit some of the anti-PayPal forums and read some of the horror stories involving this so-called "service". Your money is not insured, they are in no way a "banking concern", and they can put a "hold" on your balance at a whim, no reason needed. Then getting it released can take an act of congress or court order. Customer service sucks, if you can even get a live person on the phone. Consider a debit card instead. Just as easy when transferring funds to a seller, and much safer......

I've never had any issues with Paypal Mastercard.
When I worked for Mastercard I had many dealings with them and they seemed on the up and up.
john

I sometimes sell antiques on eBay and at first I ran into a problem with a customer and Paypal. Since then I have learned a thing or two about protecting myself.
The main thing is to ship through a company with an online tracking system like UPS. If you have a tracking number that shows the item (under $200) delivered, Paypal will put the money back into your account. By Paypals rules, if it is over 200 bucks you need to have the receiving party sign for it. If they sign for it there can be no dispute. You can also have them sign for everything, no matter the value, and that will get you more protection.
The sad thing about it all is that any business that accepts credit cards is subject to fraud. When this happens people who normally don't understand the way things work think it is Paypals fault. I can honestly say that I have had more problems with a standard merchant account (swiping the cards myself) than I have ever had with Paypal (knock on wood).
Paypal is truly customer based and all of the proof is on the seller. If the receipts are kept well and the rules of shipping are followed, it is hard to be defrauded.
Good luck and HH.

Last year, I had over $8000 "blocked" by PayPal for what they considered "suspicious activity". That consisted of funds placed directly into my PayPal account by several eBay customers, of which PayPal was already a subsidary company, and had full records of the transactions. They continued to draw interest on MY money for those months, and NEVER gave me an explaination of why my funds were blocked in the first place other than their arbitrary line of Bull$#it. CUstomer service ???? You've got to be kidding ! Ever try to get a live person on the phone that can actually do something to help you with an account problem ?
PayPal ? NEVER AGAIN !

I don't know about their Mastercard function John, but what I'm referring to is their online direct-pay account service. I would think that any credit card function they operate is more likely something that is fronted with their name on the card, but backed by one of the large banking concerns like Chase, BoA, or similar, since they are not a legally registered banking establishment themselves.
Take a look: http://paypalsucks.com/

Generally what I sell has more appeal to older people and collectors. While there are fraudulant people in most categories, I have found that the majority of the people who buy antiques and pottery are of a different caliber. $8000 is a lot of money. What do you sell?

....that they can skim interest off of while the funds are "locked". eBay sales have consisted of metal detectors, collector and bullion coins, Indian artifacts, computers, telescopes, and just a general run of items, and nothing that would be considered "suspicious" to any reasonable thinking human being. The real problem is that they can AND WILL just do so arbitrarily with no explaination and "no appeal" as they will tell you in their eMails if you're ever placed on their "hit list". The service is unethical and unscrupulous at a whim. I'm sure there are alot of people who never have a problem with them, but when the day comes that you DO have trouble, you will curse the day you ever got involved with PayPal.