Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GBP Threshold using the 5" coil

Sven

Really took a good look at the threshold control today and noticed the -40 to +40 range.
This is quite a broad range from what I am used on a Target display detector. I always figured being on the plus side was better and dropping to far below zero you would lose a lot of depth on small targets.
All metal mode was a bit noisey for me at +3 or higher, Gain had to be turned way back.
So I started dropping the Threshold back to -9, and noticed the detector became more stable and was able to turn the threshold closer to the 90% mark. Didn't notice much loss of depth.

My question is how far towards -40 have you adjusted the threshold and used the GBP with success?

Did notice also, you can get a nice smooth steady analog threshold tone and target response if the threshold was turned up to 10 or so then backing off on the Gain (50-60) until it smoothens right out.
Anyone who remembers the smooth threshold on the old Garrett Master Hunters know what I am talking about.

And from what I have seen, the threshold setting has no bearing on Disc performance?

Pretty neat detector, I like it. Just purchased a Fisher 5x10 DD coil for it.

Another feature. If the ground isn't to hot ground ballance up a couple notches. Then switch to disc an up the iron
Disc (more than normal). Experiment in disc and all metal and see which you prefer and for what type of targets.
You can sometimes really drive the all metal search mode gain by high Gain and or non audio / negative threshold. The small
Coil is best for the hi. gain.no threshold set up.

yeah its not got a xterra smooth TH not used the garret but guessing similar to 705 which is very smooth, but after running a whites PI on the beach which is like a V8 the GBP isn't to bad.

I know some of the inland bush guys looking for yellow may not like the GBP because of the TH , bit of fiddling it can smooth out some but its just a beast really and super sensitive and split second on the move GB so cant have everything ?

AJ