Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting started w an older sd 2200 v2 - need help

Stevenreed23

Been detecting for a couple years with a Garrett. Recently a friend came into a minelab sd2200 v2 from his dads estate and has asked me to test it out and help him put a resale value on it. The machine appears to be in very good shape. I was excited for the chance to spend some time learning a new machine.

When I power it up, all it does is give a repeating beeping noise. It doesn’t respond to metal nor do any adjustments to the controls make a difference. I don’t have any detecting buddies or local club to turn to for help so thought I would try here. Does this indicate a bad coil perhaps? Or battery? Any suggestions are appreciated as I am in the dark on this.

If the detector hasn't been used for a long time, I'm betting the battery is bad. But you could try disconnecting the coil and turn the machine on and see if it still beeps. Make sure the detector is off before you connect or disconnect the coil. Batteries aren't very expensive compared to the GPX batteries so if the coil doesn't appear to be the problem it might be worth investing in a new battery.