Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ghost Town Gives Up 9K Milestone

jimmyk

Hi, all:

Headed back to my Civil War ear ghost town yesterday with one goal in mind. Ever since I started relic hunting in 1979 I've keept a running total of how many Civil War bullets I've dug. Going into yesterday's hunt my total stood at 8,999. I needed one more to hit the nine thousand mark. First bullet dug was the .36 cal. pistol ball in the center of the picture. The ten dug bullets from yesterday was the best one day total from the town site. I've moved into a more "open" area free of junk between the hotel and the chruch that was burned during the war. They are seperated by about four hundred yards. Deep Tech Vista Gold worked great, as always.

I'm not setting a goal of ten thousand bullets because I'm 68 years old, with back problems that will eventually need surgery, but I'm putting it off as long as I can. Besides, the days of digging forty or fifty bullets in a day are pretty much gone, unless I can find an large, unhunted camp, which is rather doubtful. Especially, here in MIssouri. I'm happy I was able to hit the nine thousand mark.

Thanks for lookin' and keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

That is a lot of lead!

thats impressive, be carfulll having all those bullets in a no no now , it means you are a terrorist only kidding ,