Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Going to get interesting

Rick(ND)

There has been a lot of talk about this new detector and now we should be able to find the info in one site and make it so much easier.
I am a die hard Sovereign and E-Trac person and like a few others too, but this detector has got me interested and considering giving one a try.
Thank Guvner for making this the best site on the web.

Rick

I must warn you..This detector is so much fun to swing around, that your other detectors may end up collecting dust in the closet.:clap:

the deus swings rings around the etrac and the sov.. The super fast recovery is what really makes this machine the best imo. Most of my club uses them and they are highlyy rated. Not so good on the beach but a killer in mineralized/iron infested sites where the etrac and especially sovereign struggle.. Club members with the deus always produce good finds and at depth that would most would call bs..

yep its so light and manageable you can swing all day without a muscle twitch .
zip between the frequencies at a touch on the box or on the backphones on their own .
all the progs are on the backphones and you dont even need the control box .
but i use both .
and no infernal cables getting in the way !

element said:
the deus swings rings around the etrac and the sov.. The super fast recovery is what really makes this machine the best imo. Most of my club uses them and they are highlyy rated. Not so good on the beach but a killer in mineralized/iron infested sites where the etrac and especially sovereign struggle.. Club members with the deus always produce good finds and at depth that would most would call bs..

thats a pretty big staement right there ??

other machines have super fast recovery how come they are no good?

BP

don't get me wrong here peps i like the idea of this machine but i don't plan on parting with over 2.5K for a full set up because the add said its great every detector add claims the same thing, built from the ground up bla de bla been on this blank planet for long enough to ask more questions than most folks care to answer, but its my God given right to ask, doesn't mean i always get an answer but sometimes no answer tells me more.

new kid on the block in a market place that is very hard to brake in to its a baptism of fire to say the lest !

me personally am waiting to see what the other big companies think of this detector that will tell me a whole lot if they are threatened they will respond nothing surer time will tell but i am guessing we may see some big surprises by the end of this year, so at worst this detector hitting US shores will benefit us all if its as good as people are saying.

so let the games begin :cheers:

BP

Remember, Minelab is a worldwide company and the Deus has been the rage in UK for almost 2 years where the E-Trac held significant share.

I would venture to guess ;) that the next iteration for the E-Trac is an ergonomic revision of some sort...as the FBS technology is pretty sound.

take more than a new shaft to make me spend another 1.5K , 2 years they have been in the there working away on what evers coming, and well there is Fisher etc as well.. i guess what i am saying is this detector is good even if i don't buy one its keeping the others working on new stuff and who benefits, we do :clapping: so its all good.

FBS has been around for a decade or so now and i would say the etrac has taken it about as far as its going to go IMHO not sure what else they could do with it other than realy speed it up.

so what i am saying is i think we are going to see some big improvements in detectors with new tech taking leaps and bounds very fast its going to be a fun time ahead :biggrin: all positive stuff.

BP

With the price of the precious metals, justification enough...though we all know any old thing will find the shallow bling, swinging a lightweight super fast coil has beaucoup merits. We have all paid for our detectors a time or two with the finds. Having something top of the line that a fellow can grow with and trust negates the excersize of constantly searching for something better than what we have now. It will indeed be an interesting season...there will be more detectors afield this year than last...the forthcoming posts here with pictures will set the tempo for sales of this high end product.

element said:
There are times when the e-trac and sovereign will be more than a match for the deus and that's on the beach and in clean pasture.A friend of mine who owns a Deus will always switch to his sovereign gt for beach or pasture use and back to his D

element said:
There are times when the e-trac and sovereign will be more than a match for the deus and that's on the beach and in clean pasture.A friend of mine who owns a Deus will always switch to his sovereign gt for beach or pasture use and back to his Deus when the iron gets heavy.I own a a goldmax power which was xp's flagship model before the Deus and also a sovereign Gt....i've got every situation covered with these two detectors and don't feel the need to get the Deus.The Deus is an excellent machine but it still can't do it all.