Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Bug Pro Finds First Wheat Penny

tabman

Today I found my first wheat penny with my Gold Bug Pro. :)

Talk about excited!:jump:

004-1.jpg
[/img]
003-3.jpg

It was only about 2 - 3 inches down. I almost didn't dig it, because I thought it was just another copper.

Ground Balance 62 Sens. 100% Disc 80 11" DD pry cap coil

I also found 21 quarters, 44 dimes and 25 copper pennies.

A lot of the clad was found with my Whites IDX Pro in the park that was loaded with pry caps. It can handle pry caps. When I left that park and went to one that was not loaded with pry caps I let the Bug out of the car to sniff out some coins.

In all the excitement about finding the wheat penny I almost forgot to mention that I found this also::tongue:

002.jpg
[/img]
001-1.jpg
[/img]

I just barely got a weak signal on the this one. The numbers were bouncing all over the place, but I kept getting 87 and 90. I said to myself, it's just another damn pry cap like I was getting all day yesterday! Something told me to check it out. I dug down the total length of my Pro Pointer and out it pops.

GB 62 Sens 100% Disc 80 11" DD pry cap coil

I don't know. Its just too weird. I found the exact same 1957D last week in California. I just checked and its still here. I wonder if someone is cloning them???

Great quarter find. Those don't come along very often and when they do, most are dateless. Good one! HH jim tn

Tab nice silver Yes cloning Lots LOL:rofl:

Gold Bug produces more silver today. This 925 silver ring is massive. Nothing fancy, waved coil over target and it screamed out a 90. Dug down about 3 inches and retrieved the ring. 11" DD pry cap coil GB 66 Sens 100% Disc 80:)

005-1.jpg
[/img]

Tabman,
How do you clean your coins? The same soil here in West Tn really corrodes all the Wheaties I find and I can't get them as clean as you can. What cleaning tips can you give us?
WestTn

WestTn said:
Tabman,
How do you clean your coins? The same soil here in West Tn really corrodes all the Wheaties I find and I can't get them as clean as you can. What cleaning tips can you give us?
WestTn

I only dig the clean Wheaties.

Just kidding. I don't know why, but some are not corroded and some just eaten up.:shrug:

I use soap and water and a soft toothbrush to clean the copper. I messed up a1941 Wheatie using a strong cleanser. Never again.:sad:

I clean the silver with a jewelry paste and soft toothbrush.

Where are you mainly finding your corroded Wheaties?:cool:

I love the ring these detector's , are and will be the hard the beat on a great day.

sgoss66 said:
hey tabman, I love it (11" DD "pry cap" coil)! That's hilarious!

Steve

If pry caps were worth a dollar each, they couldn't manufacture that coil fast enough.

Until someone tries a location with it that is infested with pry caps, they won't appreciate what I'm saying.

Yeah, I know you can circle the target several times, angle the coil in all different directions and make an educated guess if it's a pry cap or not, BUT you'd end up spending all your time circling and guessing.

Yeah, Yeah I know ALL DD coils are that way.

I'm glad to hear from a poster that a concentric coil does work on the G2.

Why would it not work Fisher??

Should - there the same cicuit board someone said--even says goldbug on the board itself.I would really like to see a concentric coil in the furture,I would like to see lots more coils in the future.I think we will this machine just 2 dang good.