Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold bug pro on a different shaft-simple upgrade.

IowaRelic

Any body ever thought the gold bug pro was just a bit too short? Compared to my tek machines the Fisher s rod is a few inches shorter. This has always bothered me as it puts the coil right at my feet.

Now, what I did may not be for everyone, but I had the stuff and spent no money. I have a like new compadre that went to crap. I had already removed the coil and housing from the shaft. I then noticed that I was only one hole shy from having the same bolt pattern as the gold bug housing. So I drilled a hole and mounted the gold bug to the compadre. Now I have many extra Tesoro rods and such so it makes life easier for coil switching, and now it swings way out in front like I want.

I may also drill an additional hole in the center shaft of the omega, so it can then use Tesoro lower rods as well. That way all coils for the Greeks are on rods and easily swapped.
It’s not much but it goes a long way towards comfort for me when the coil is out in front a ways, instead of in my toes.

Yes my GB is also shorter, I just upgraded to the Longer Lower Shaft.