Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Bug Pro Scores 1919 Mercury Dime Today

tabman

I almost didn't dig the target, because it was so weak and bouncy. It was surrounded with all kinds of junk, but I kept seeing a 81 flicker in all that garbage. I thought it might be a copper. I dug down a little over 6 inches and out pops my first mercury dime. The Gold Bug Pro sure can separate out the garbage from the good stuff.

BTW- 5" coil, Dis -58 Sen--100

Big Boys Hobbies said:
Yes they do Tabman! wheres the pic?

I got pictures. How do you post pictures on this site?

Here's the Pic.

1919MercuryDime004.jpg

Way to go Tabman
My first silver with the Gb was a merc as well! Yours is in much better shape.
Good Luck
Jim

Guys, just wanted to know how the Gold Bug Pro performs on gold nuggets & minerlised soils? I'm looking at getting a detector for the gold fields, so any info would be great.

tabman -- AWESOME coin, and it sounds like it was a tough find (all the trash almost completely masking the dime). Great decision on your part to dig what your machine was hinting at. You took what is supposedly a strength of these machines, and used it to your advantage. BRAVO!

Steve

Hey Willy46 --

These machines were DESIGNED to find gold nuggets in tough soil. Dave Johnson, one of the design engineers, has stated in another thread, that this machine was designed first and foremost as a gold machine. It should do real well. I have just bought one, and have several gold nuggets from Colorado of various sizes that I will be testing (though my soil here is not near as "hot" as what it would be in many gold-producing areas). I am going to do some thorough testing, and plan to post my results, but if you have any specific question you want me to check (for instance, how far will this machine "see" a 1 gram nugget in an air test, or something like that), then maybe I can help. There's also another thread on this forum, at this link (http://www.findmall.com/read.php?80,1409653) that may give you a bit of info.

Steve

Thanks Steve for the reply. I will be keeping an eye out for your results. Good luck :cheers:

WTG !!!! nice Coin :fisher: