Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold chain dangling from the scoop..FAKE!! But the gold ring that came up with the bottle cap..

bob.oz

was14k...
Long time in the water today.:detecting: Took the XT705 and the Xcal with me this morning because I was unsure about the water conditions. A constant W > WNW wind and rough surf since late Tuesday (effects from Arthur) has kept me and others out of the water. Water looked good in the pre-dawn hour, so I tried the Xterra 705 for a short time on the beach till the sun came up and hit the water by 7AM.
Started right off hitting the targets....first target scooped was the ear tunnel, thought for sure it was a big Tungsten at first! Lots of clad and the first ring was the crusty ??? (after tumbling, copper)....
I knew it was going to be a good day, with a high probability of maybe finding some good stuff by the amount of clad, some crusty, and the 3 wheats I had dug. Big copper bracelet sounded like a bottle cap/penny. Wasn't a good day for sunglasses....scoop did a number on the sunglasses, one being a pair of Ray-bans.:angry:
Digging what I expected to be a bottle cap....which it was, also had a 14k 5.6g band in the scoop with it!!:clapping: Follow that up with a stainless band, turtle charm, earrings, sinkers and 925 snake head ring.
:cry:The big let down was the gold chain dangling from the scoop....really thought I had a good one when I saw it, BUT, then the " I don't know about this??" questions & hints show up,like....It's Just a chain...and the Xcal detected It ?!, the split ring is not soldered, not really that heavy, no visible marks, ( even with my bad eyes, I can usually see something) and the #1 hint....It's magnetic!!
Still a good day, water was calm, overcast kept it comfortable, and that's my third 14k in as many weeks...but their dropping in weight each time. GL ALL

That there is a good solid hunt! Lots of targets! outstanding effort!:clapping:
Mud