Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold coin TID numbers

j piddle

Will be hunting a site this week that has produced two gold one dollar coins that I know of. Any you guys know what they TID at and at what freq. that number is good for.
Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks
Jpiddle

U.S.Gold Dollar coin

All measured at 6" to help meter id

By frequency

7.7 khz - 43
12 khz - 50
18 khz - 59

In pitch program I could detect the small gold coin at 10". Lost ID around 7" but still a good dig signal.

From my files..I didn't do the tests. Sorry I don't have an attribution to make.

Regards, Joe (California)

The Deus is an audio machine. If you rely on TDI you're going to miss gold and other goodies. If I were hunting where there has been gold, I'd be digging everything that isn't buzzing as iron.

biggziff said:
The Deus is an audio machine. If you rely on TDI you're going to miss gold and other goodies. If I were hunting where there has been gold, I'd be digging everything that isn't buzzing as iron.

I realize that the Deus is mare of a audio machine than it is TID but buy having some ideal what numbers the coin will come in at it helps me set my breaking points and audio.
Thanks

j piddle said:
biggziff said:

I realize that the Deus is mare of a audio machine than it is TID but buy having some ideal what numbers the coin will come in at it helps me set my breaking points and audio.
Thanks

Point is...I and many others find the numbers to be flaky, inaccurate, etc. If you're going to rely on numbers, better to run a different machine, IMO.

DrJoeprime said:
U.S.Gold Dollar coin

All measured at 6" to help meter id

By frequency

7.7 khz - 43
12 khz - 50
18 khz - 59

In pitch program I could detect the small gold coin at 10". Lost ID around 7" but still a good dig signal.

From my files..I didn't do the tests. Sorry I don't have an attribution to make.

Regards, Joe (California)

Thank you. Just what I was looking for. At least I some ideal where to start.

biggziff said:
j piddle said:
biggziff said:

Thanks

Point is...I and many others find the numbers to be flaky, inaccurate, etc. If you're going to rely on numbers, better to run a different machine, IMO.

Never said I was relying on numbers.
I agree that digging everything is the only way to not miss anything but at some places / point you are in for a long day and you will not cover much real estate.
If you are not going to use the tones and the other feathers that the Dues offers you might as well own a single tone cheaper machine and spend your money on the best digging shovel you can find.
If I lived close to the site and had unlimited access I might just get a better shovel. JMO

Do appreciate the reply.
Jpiddle

j piddle said:
biggziff said:
j piddle said:
biggziff said:

Thanks

Never said I was relying on numbers.
I agree that digging everything is the only way to not miss anything but at some places / point you are in for a long day and you will not cover much real estate.
If you are not going to use the tones and the other feathers that the Dues offers you might as well own a single tone cheaper machine and spend your money on the best digging shovel you can find.
If I lived close to the site and had unlimited access I might just get a better shovel. JMO

Do appreciate the reply.
Jpiddle

I agree and have considered doing just that...buying an inexpensive machine and just dig it all. Seems like that's what most end up doing anyway...clean a site out of trash and then end up digging everything else anyway...

If you rely on audio only You buy Tesoro Cibola for $350 not $2200 Deus
Deus is Audio and TID ( I think this was mention early by Andy)
Please do not confuse people if you do not know how to use Deus

Give the guy a break let him learn his own way if he wants. for me I'm an audio man. Just saying.

eagle52 said:
If you rely on audio only You buy Tesoro Cibola for $350 not $2200 Deus
Deus is Audio and TID ( I think this was mention early by Andy)
Please do not confuse people if you do not know how to use Deus

Say what

marchas45 said:
for me I'm an audio man. Just saying.

Agreed! Audio Audio Audio!