Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Ring Disappointment!

msareborn

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WdJ48gHTeA[/video]

How many times have we dug a ring and the glimmer of gold get's our heart a flutter, until you see the tell tale signs of rust? So the gold plated ring is revealed and the big let down hits you! Here's another junk ring for your viewing pleasure. Happy hunting, the real gold is just around the corner.

Been there, done that! and yes, it's a big let down:cry:!

I hate cheap people! :veryangry: :rofl: Imagine what it was like in the 70's when all rings were gold or silver?
Mud

My first "Gold Ring" was marked 10K and some letters that I could not read. Later realized that it was 10K HGE. Big Disappointment. Also found a Ring at the beach with a coin in it. Wiped the sand of the coin and it was shining a pretty yellow. Wiped the sand off the ring and knew it was Junk. Another disappointment. Internet search said the coin was French and made of Bronze.

Just one of those things I reckon...at least a guy knows he's hearing and digging the 'right' targets, and hunting in the right locations...its not our fault people are cheap, but it sure does frost a guy!
Mud

Yes, I remember the pre-titanium junk rings era when like Mud said, when most of them were REAL solid gold and Sterling silver. I also remember the pre-pulltab days. Man, I wish I was into detecting in those days. Can you only imagine how 'littered' the beaches were with gold rings ripe for the detecting!....I was 'swinging' but not 'swinging' a detector in those days, it was called DISCO!! (LOL!!:rofl:

Yeah I remember a few years ago digging a heavy necklace at a busy lake about waist deep marked 14k Italy and it was a FAKE!!!:sadwalk:And I rode about 100 miles home thinking it was real.I know your pain.But as you said the REAL GOLD is closer than it was.HH

Hi Msareborn Check out my biggest Disappointment In A gold find found this A couple years ago its stamped 14K on the clasp but its not its A shine brass Bracelet 12 grams Now whoever lost it was probably sad that they did but they would be even more sad/mad if they knew it wasn't 14K gold and paid all that money for it so beware everyone theres allot of fake stamped gold out there and as long as it shines like gold we wont even know it now thats my biggest Disappointment in my almost 30 years of Thunting Have A Great year HH