Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold & Silver Price projections,( slightly off topic)

bugg

Thought Id give you guys a good read to help pass the winter blahs. Its 5 below outside, and cabin fever has set in. Thinkin about selling your finds? read this first. enjoy.

Over the last bunch of weeks Ive noticed in the classifieds on some of the forums, "Silver coins for sale".I even bought a bunch when I was lucky enough to see the ad before alot of others. I also wondered if the sellers had any clue where the prices are headed in 3-6 years. I also realize that sometimes circumstances force a person to part with your found treasures.
So Ive decided to share some of my knowledge gleaned from stock and commodity experts I currently follow. These guys have been in the markets 40-60 years!I have been trading in the markets for about the last 10 years, which makes me a novice at best!
Commodities such as gold, silver, platinum, copper, steel, aluminum, oil, gas, coal, etc , are in a bull market. Bull markets are when the prices are going up, in bear markets, prices are headed down.
Most folks probably remember in 1999-2000 tech stocks were in the 3rd stage of a bull market, and those stocks were going up $5, $10, $20 and more a day!
In the 1950's and 1960's, equities were in a bull market. In the 1970's, commodities were in a bull market. Remember when silver went up to $50 an oz? Gold to around $875, gasoline went up to 80c a gal, in the final year or 3rd stage?
In the 1980's and 90's , equities were again in a bull market, commodities were in a bear market. Silver was about $4 an oz, gold down to about $250.
Notice when equities are in a bull market, commodities are in a bear market, and vice versa?
Everything has its ups and downs. The tech stocks ran out of buyers, and they came crashing down in 2000. Thats about the time the commodity bull started. Bull markets start out so slow and quiet, the majority of the people dont have a clue.
Every bull market has 3 stages. The first stage has lasted 5 years now in commodities. During that stage , the market geniuses and sharpies are buying. We have just entered the 2nd stage. In stage 2, more investors start creaping in. You started to see a little tv coverage on oil last fall, and gold, last month.Gold has broken thru price chart resistance levels in most world currencies in the last 2 months, so more investors world wide are jumping in. In stage 2 ,the prices tend to move up a bit stronger than in stage 1 . In stage one, on some good days gold would move up $6 a day , at the most. Lately, we have seen some $15 a day moves. Stage 2 will probably last 2-4 years ( estimation.) Stage 3 is when the general public basically starts pouring in . It usually lasts about a year. You will see gold will go up $50-$100 a day, on some days. You will see ads all over the place of folks wantng to buy your gold and silver,etc. When the price of gold doubles within a years time, THATS THE BEST TIME TO SELL! In the last commodities bull run, gold went from $400 to $875 in less than 2 months! that was the top.
Looking at the past, most commodities bull markets last about 10 years. If we hold that same pattern, we have 5 years left, with the greatest price appreciation yet to come!
Most Experts feel the price of GOLD WILL TOP OUT AT $1500-$3000 PER OUNCE! SILVER SHOULD HIT $75- $125 PER OUNCE, AND CRUDE OIL PER BARREL ABOUT $150 !
Gold would increase 180-425% from its present level of $560. Silver would move up 700-1200% from todays $9.25,( 70X FACE VALUE!) and oil up 140%. Does it sound impossible? In the 70's gold went from 35 to 875, silver from 1 to 50.
Alot of experts agree silver could become one of the best investments for the next few years. The supplies are tightening up. For the last 50 years we have been using up more silver than we have been pulling out of the ground. In 2005, we used 40 mil more ozs than we mined. The government melted down the silver coins we used to have in circulation, and sold it on the open market. Now they have to buy silver on the open market to mint the silver eagles they sell. Few countries have any sizeable silver stockpiled. Its only a matter of time before the supply gets squeezed by demand. In 1998 Warren Buffet, one of our countrys richest investors, bought 129 million ozs of silver, causing the price to double!He has alot of patience, and sits on an investment for years. The Comex, the metals trading house on wall street has 120 mil ozs of silver in stock! or .3 oz for very person in this country! Unlike gold, silver gets used up in alot of chemical, and electrical components , never to be used again. Gold basically keeps getting recycled thru the years, not discarded. And oil..... Im not looking forward to paying $4-6 gal for gas, but by knowing its headed our way, we can start adjusting our lifestyles and habits to ease the future pain!
I hope you enjoyed the eye opener, its hard to predict exactly at what price and what time the commodities will hit their price peak, but we are headed alot higher from these levels, thats 99% guaranteed. The prices will rise and pull back thru the years, but the long term trend is up. In another post ill provide some links. The experts use statistics, technical analysis of price charts, elliot wave, fundamentals, and they have proved thru the years they come very close to their targets. There are alot of bright minds on wall street. Lets use them to our advantage! Try to sit tight on your collections, and accumulate when you can, and you will be handsomely rewarded. bugg

Nice writeup, Bugg! And you might wonder why I've been itching to go look for gold? I figger findin' it's a whole lot cheaper than buying it! Um, 'ceptin' the two or three grand I got in my gear, weighed against the few grains I've actually found! But, now that I got my T2, I'm ready! ;)

I can agree on most of what you say. A couple things to ponder, though.

In the past, a good portion of the silver used went to the photographic market. What's the actual usage today in that sector, now that most everyone's gone digital? I used to buy a grand worth of paper and film a year, nowadays, it's been over a year since I even made a photographic print.

And gold is disposed of daily, if you account for all the computer and electronic components with gold connections. There's some recycling of this but not very widespread. Once you consider there's millions of discarded computers every few years, this may be significant or maybe not.

Gold made that big spike back in the 70's mainly because it had just been deregulated. Prior, the price was fixed at $35 per ounce, unchanged for many, many years. After deregulation and investment in the 1970's open market was allowed, the price simply had to move. I don't have figures handy, but the gold market fell just about as fast, till it finally did stabilize. The relatively brief timespan since then doesn't present a whole lot of track record to base decisions on, compared to other commodities that have been traded for decades longer. Maybe gold behaves similarly to other metals or commodities, I wouldn't know. We are way outta my league here.

I'm sure there's subtle, slow-moving keys that might signal a run. Just my opinion, but those companies that are heavily promoting gold as an investment and touting how it's going to go up are usually the same people who just happen to have some to sell to you. I hear those ads every day and wonder about all the investors who bought near the 1970's high. Are they still sitting on it, waiting to recoup? If so, and the price peaks once again, it may be a very brief, exciting ride once all that 70's gold comes out of hiding!

HH
-Ed

------
Hill City News, July 1st 1904: "Mr. Rockefeller does not want to own the earth. All he asks is possession of the oils and ores and other things of value that may be inside of it."