Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Target ID Readings

Sridge

I'm winding down my first season using the Explorer II and am impressed at the results. The machine is a true delight to use. I want to improve my gold finds and am looking for advice and/or a thread that discusses the ID's for different types of gold rings. Now I didn't find any gold this year, and I very well may have not passed the coil over any gold. I am curious to hear about the different readings gold targets give off. I will say that I have dug a lot of nickels, more with this machine than any other that I have used. I have also dug a lot of pulltabs. Two days ago, I dug 3 buffalo's in one afternoon. My best day ever for buffalo's as I love seeing them come out of the ground. If I am digging old wheats and buffalos, I know silver may not be far behind, as well as gold for that matter.

That chart explains why I haven't found many rings! Except for the nickel signals, I would have passed over anything 11-01 because it's more than likely foil. I'll be digging those from now on when I'm in an area that could harbor lost jewelry. Thanks, MikeO, that is exactly the information I am looking for.

I attached a photo of the explorer screen..It was set it in advanced mode full screen.I dropped the sens to 1 and ran all the gold pieces I could muster up(10,14,18k)...including my wife's,mine and all finds,which at the time was over 200 pieces...everywhere the courser landed for each piece of gold I placed a dot on the screen at the center of the cross hairs ...if you notice, the darker dots from the bottom left to the upper center was where the gold response landed...200+ pieces and about 20 dots..Yes this test was under ideal conditions(bench test) and I would expect `in the ground`responses to vary a little but for the most part I feel confident using this as a guide.After that was done I took pull tabs of all sizes and shapes,broken and complete ran them under the coil and `yes` unfortunately they landed on the dots.I use the audio tones opened all the way and sometimes the audio response will give the pull tab away but I usually still dig it...hope this helps.Ralph