Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GoldStrike / Gold Bug2 Question

A

Anonymous

Has anyone tried using a GoldStrike or Gold Bug2 to hunt for really deep targets in 'normal' soil? Yesterday I went to an old Boy Scout camp that was active from 1918 to 1941. Found 1 '41 dime, 3 wheats, a Boy Scout spoon and a pin - all in the 'assembly' area which was cleared by the owner many years ago. I'm confident the site has not been detected before - the stuff found was too easy to find in that cleared area. Over the last 60 years the huge trees have dropped 'tons' of leaves leaving several inches of compost and decaying vegetation before you can get to the actual ground. So I'm thinking that the good targets in the 'uncleared' areas are really deep - maybe 15" or more. Would a GoldStrike or Gold Bug2 find the deeper targets that I'm confident must be there?
Thanks for any ideas,
HH, Flyguy

Sounds like a tough site to hunt with all the vegetation and leaves, I have that problem too around old castles. You may have to rake the leaves away before detecting, a lot of work!!! HH and good luck, Mike

Mike, have you found any WW2 stuff there in Germany?
HH, Flyguy