Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gonehunting's Starter Combined Settings

Gonehunting

Here is the specifics of the Initial Combined: Ferrous/Coin Setting that I used. These were the easiest to help me learn and understand the machine when first starting.. Now it may not be good for an advanced user, but it definitely helped me a lot.

Combined/Ferrous Coin
Auto +2 or +3, Depending on how stable the machine is acting. I recommend staying in the auto sensitivity setting till you get used to it..I will say in auto setting it is a lot more sensitive than auto was on the E-Trac.
Pattern #1 No Discrimination Wide Open
Pattern #2 I didn't use this pattern at all on the first dozen hunts, because I was learning what the machine was telling me.
Deep off No need where I hunt
Fast off Now this setting can effect how the target is represented on the screen, especially when around other targets.
Target Trace On
Pinpoint Trace On
Pinpoint normal

Vk5rx.png

4 Conductive Bins (Vertical):
1st 15 for nickels and down
2nd at 29 to get most of the pulltabs, gold, and other relics... To be honest if I am at an old homeplace, if the signal repeats I dig it.
3rd at 39 to get the most of the coppers below the 12-40 range and most of the silver coins.

The Ferrous LIne: (horizontal) I set at 23, 24, or 25... several times I reset my machine and I wasn't sure where I had it previously.. Either of these will work.
Again this isn't the perfect setting by any means, but everyone hunts different areas, soils, and trash. For some it will work great, others will take some tweaking or a totally different mode. I have had some amazing success(in my State and region) and hope you can benefit by it.. One thing I have learned is if the signal doesn't repeat on a left to right, right to left swing then most of the time it is not a good target. Thanks Randy for the help.... Evan