Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got a brand new Deus coming tomorrow (thursday)

Kevin B.

This is my second. I sold my first. I didn't sell my first one for any GOOD reason other than I just needed cash to try something else. But from the time that I sold my first Deus, until now, I have yet to find a machine that will match it. I've tried them all. Most of my sites have old square nails thickly distributed. The Deus seems to be in it's element in those sites. But I also hunted a battleground area on private land w/ permission and the Deus (with reactivity one 1) would reach down about as deep as any unit I've had. Needless to say, I am excited about tomorrow and getting the new Deus and trying it out on some newer sites that I have found since I sold my last one. I found enough goodies with my last Deus to pay for a Deus if I had sold all of them. I only rarely sell anything I find....but sometimes I will if cash is very tight. Anyway, glad to be back among the Deus owners of the world.
This time.....I may actually buy and try the large coil when the cash flow improves. I really think that it would be beneficial in some of the places I hunt where the ground is not trashy and I would dig every signal as a potential good target. My hopes is that theu will someday come out with a 5x8 coil!!!! Wouldn't that be PERFECT!! Perfect for going through those thickly square nailed spots!!! I'll hush now. Happy Hunting folks!!!!

Right on Kevin. I just bought a large coil for mine and am looking forward to checking it out. The only way I will let my Deus go is when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.lol Cheers!

Large coil is basically all I use in farm fields - you will love it.
They say 11" coil is coming out in 2013.
That stock coil really is quite tight - I couldn't see anything much smaller doing a better job at separating stuff...Once you get used to the large coil the small coil looks small....real small.......

I flat out love mine Kevin! Haven't wanted to pick up anything else in a while. Just might be fixin to sell a couple of my minelabs even, this machine is just that good and that's from a devout Minelab guy, me!

I am also in agreement. I love the Minelabs. I love hunting with the E Trac. I just recently picked one up again. But the Deus is just too good of a detector not to have. It does some things in heavy iron and trash that I really don't think too many other detectors can do. It is the one detector that I want when I'm going to a site that has been hunted by others. People that have not used one can not understand. It is like trying to explain color to someone who has been blind all their life.

can someone measure it? thanks.
This looks like an interesting machine, may have to try one in '13.

Yes, as soon as i save some cash, I will have me one of those large coils!! There are times when they would really be awesome. TOMORROW IS THE DAY!!!! I feel as if I have never owned one!!!! I am really going to take a new approach at this Deus. And be more organized with my searching. Keep some records. My last Deus found me an 1859 Gold Dollar (Indian Princess design,,,,no mint mark). In the hole with it was two bent, almost rusted in two, square nails. It was also under a one inch diameter cedar root. I was on top of cloud ten that day!!!! The last Deus also found me a Martingale Heart (with eagle and stars). I can't with to get my new toy charged up and sweeping some ground. I think I'll put the sidegrinder to my predator shovel tonite and get that thang sharp and ready!!!!! Thanks for the replies guys. That adds to my excitement. I am looking forward to Version 3, too. Plus the large coil. Fun times ahead!!!!

Well hopefully you'll get a chance to try it out a little tomorrow when it arrives. Personally, from what I've seen in my soil, I wasn't that impressed with the larger coil and am hoping the rumor of an 11 inch coil is true and does better. Now I do have physical impairments and the large coil was too heavy and unbalanced the machine even with the adaptor and the extra depth gain seemed small for the price of the coil. Actually I'm pretty impressed that in the right conditions and with the right settings, that the stock 9" coil can see a dime at 8" in my soil.