Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got a suprise outta my nail pile

A

Anonymous

Well got home this evening and decided to try the 5 inch excelerator in my nail pile. Well going across the yard I stopped to check out the quarter I have buries at 10 inches, Interesting find, I tried relic mode gain +3 disc on 2, swept over the quarter and got a slight change in threshold, left the settings as they were and flipped to coin mode, No ID but a good enuff beep to make you dig. Well content with this I went out to my nail pile, dug a bunch of iffy signals which were all nails. They ranged from 4-8 inches. Then got a good hit showed 9 inches, 6 inches down a lead bullet, then found a couple more funny looking things, still ended up using relic mode as it is better in iron . The bullet looks like the one I see on the relic forum, maybe my first !! Anyways I was pleased with the little coil and got a few more trash heaps in mind I want to check out with it. I have no idea what the big round thing is , thought it was my first 50 cent piece for a minute. Check out the pic.
Ray

I think it is Richard, I shoot a .50 and the one I dug is bigger. Went back out there this evening, dug about 5 pounds of trash. A lot of shallow nails 3-4 inches, I used the 5 inch coil again this time ran coin mode, 0 disc, gain on 8 and dug everything that beeped, To say the least it's a little cleaner in a couple places. I'd love to take a front end loader over there and take the first 4-5 inches of top soil off the whole area. This old place is right across my yard, been looking it on and off for over a year, To date I have found an 1841 large one cent piece 3 wheat pennies a buffalo nickel a silver ring ( missing the setting ) a button with an indian head on it and that single bullet, also got a horse a solid 2 feet down. And have filled 2 1/2 5 gallon buckets with trash. Just enuff to keep your interest up a little. Seems like every 5-6 trips it will give up something to keep you encouraged.
Ray

Ray- the '50 cent piece' looks like the back or cover for an old pocket watch. Keep looking for the rest of it as it could be nearby. I found the entire watch minus the hinged face cover 3 weeks ago at an 1870's town site and found the cover that looks like yours a few feet away. Talked to a watch collector and he said 'never throw away any thing that came from an old pocket watch no matter how bad it might look as the individual parts can be rather valuable'.