Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got out for a little while with my AT PRO.

Terry in PA

I can say the audio on this detector is AWESOME ! I still need to get the Iron audio down. The low high low get's me thinking there is a good target in the iron when I hear the high tone sound. I've been over this tot lot with my F5.The AT had nice tones on dimes and nickles at 8 inches and some targets deeper but could not dig them because the ground was still frozen i'm sure the AT will hit them deeper because it had no problem finding them at these depths. I did recover some of the coins. I sometimes would dig a deeper piece of iron that would give a nice high tone but would not ring as iron on the iron audio. But when I dug it out and put it on the ground the iron audio would call it iron. Any how this thing has hit more coins deeper then other detectors I've used in this same area. Nice detector to use!

With the low high low tone, I pin point and if I see a rise then low then rise again in the pinpoint meter that telles me there are two targets close to each other. Then I do a short sweep over one of the targets to here a high tone or iron tone. JMO

Thanks Joe I'll give that a try. Can't wait to get this detector to a old site that I've hunted before and only found a few things. I know the age of the place goes back to the early 1800's and the targets are deeper then my other detectors could get. I hope this detector will open it up for me.

Hello Terry were you useing the AT-PRO in PRO mode ? when you dug the big iron? this seems too be a problum with most brands of detector on deep iron i really think it has too do with depth and also with big iron it is a large mass that the detector detects so thay all have a hard time discing it out until its closer too the surface also if you want deep targets your gonna dig deep iron. Thats just what i have learned over the years.

Yep I was using pro mode and checking the target hits I got with the iron audio. Iron disc was set to 35.

I agree with you. To me it's mostly an audio machine, with the numerical digital readout as icing on the cake to verify what you got. Just set the machine up to your own preference settings and dig all targets (within reason) and good finds will come your way.

I've run into the same frozen ground conditions where I live, but have managed to pull out a few deep coins and relics. I found silver ring this week at 10 " next to the river. And a 1940's smal fishin luher at 12". I had been over the area with other detectors which did not hit them. This AT is definitely hot. If anyone wants a real nice XLT, I've got one. LOL
HH, OMM