Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got out for the first time this year today!

Cupajo

It hit 55 degrees today!

During this moon phase the water doesn't drop really low and it was a bit choppy from the southern breeze. I opted for a couple of hours at the water line and worked several hundred feet before the old bones told me to go home! I prefer going in the water, because carrying and using my equipment without the buoyancy of the water helping is starting to be too much like work! I'll feel it tomorrow!

I cleared away a lot of hair pins and many bits of junk so small I would have never found them without my vibra-probe. Bits of lead and aluminum less than a quarter of an inch got carted away.

One interesting thing happened besides my surviving a couple of hours a diggin, I found a piece of stainless fishhook minus its point and maybe fifty feet farther along the beach I found the the broken off point!!

Hunted only hi-lows with my Infinium LS and 8" coil to avoid digging nails. I still got plenty of them though.

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo

Hey Cupajo, I'm glad that you were able to get out and hunt. I'm fairly new to this forum. Been here a couple weeks, but I been metal detecting, treasure hunting/prospecting for several years. I guess I kinda take it for granted being in the south. My wife and I are full time RVers and spend this time of year along the Gulf Coast anywhere from Texas to the Florida Keyes. Did some beach /surf huntin' y&t. Used the Infinium today and did better in the surf(shin deep) than I did with the GTI yesterday. Had fun.

That is interesting about finding the other piece of that fish hook. What are the odds? That's something that I've never done before. Pretty cool.:thumbup:

Happy Hunting! I posted some pics of the beach hunt over on the Garrett forum. Best Regards!

Hey metalhead,

Sounds like you and your lady are living the life I sometimes dream of!

Good going!

Best to Ya Friends,

Cupajo

Yesterday I spread out the very small items I wrote about in the post above on a sheet of newspaper to show my wife what a great machine the Infinium is.

I pointed out the tiny metal disk maybe 3/16" in diameter and only 1/32" or so thick and the two pieces of fish hook and the little pieces of wire and lead solder and aluminum.

She showed her interest in how well the machine performed by asking, "Where's the gold?"

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo