Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got the Legend in, ready to go and it rained

Tommy Boy

UPS delivered the legend yesterday afternoon, I unboxed it, put it together, did the update to 1.11, and it rained that afternoon and most of the night, so I will have to wait until it dries out. I hope to try it out on Friday.

My thoughts on the Legend so far are, the build quality is very good, I am in my 60's, bu, t I have a lot of experience with installing updates on electronics, so the Legend was pretty easy to connect to my laptop and update it to version 1.11, I did do the factory default after the update. I find that the menu is easy to navigate using my right thumb, better than some other detectors that I have used, like the V3i, that was a deep rabbit hole.

So far all I have done is air test inside my house, hopefully I can take it to a couple of hunt sites on Friday, retirement does have it's advantages.

UPS delivered the legend yesterday afternoon, I unboxed it, put it together, did the update to 1.11, and it rained that afternoon and most of the night, so I will have to wait until it dries out. I hope to try it out on Friday.

My thoughts on the Legend so far are, the build quality is very good, I am in my 60's, bu, t I have a lot of experience with installing updates on electronics, so the Legend was pretty easy to connect to my laptop and update it to version 1.11, I did do the factory default after the update. I find that the menu is easy to navigate using my right thumb, better than some other detectors that I have used, like the V3i, that was a deep rabbit hole.

So far all I have done is air test inside my house, hopefully I can take it to a couple of hunt sites on Friday, retirement does have it's advantages.
I Think you are going to like the Legend,, keep us posted on how you like it

one thing if you have not done so already is download the manual for 1.11 attached it below to make it easy for you, the reason being is the manual that came with your legend will not include all the added features for 1.11

The Legend User Manual (EN) - Software V1.11ViewDownload

I Think you are going to like the Legend,, keep us posted on how you like it

one thing if you have not done so already is download the manual for 1.11 attached it below to make it easy for you, the reason being is the manual that came with your legend will not include all the added features for 1.11

The Legend User Manual (EN) - Software V1.11ViewDownload
Thanks for the info, I downloaded the manual for 1.11 to my phone, so I can take it with me, I spent the time rained in, doing research on future hunt sites.

One thing that I really like about the Legend, is being able to do software updates, keeps the detector current on the latest technology, like truly having multiple detectors in on package.

Hi Tommy, Got a question, do you need a desktop to do the update? Just turned 70, unlike you, just don’t have the skill set to do the update to install the new version for the Legend. I do have an Apple I-pad and phone. Looked at some of the videos and looks like everyone was using a desktop. Stan

Hi Tommy, Got a question, do you need a desktop to do the update? Just turned 70, unlike you, just don’t have the skill set to do the update to install the new version for the Legend. I do have an Apple I-pad and phone. Looked at some of the videos and looks like everyone was using a desktop. Stan
Hi, I used my laptop, it's has the latest version of Windows. I downloaded the Nokta update tool, plugged in the Legend to my laptop and followed the instructions. I believe I had to push the up arrow to start the process, then follow the instructions on the laptop screen.

I think you have the option to download the iPad or Windows update tool

My friend Ollkoot helped me.
Look him up here on the forum.
Send him a private message.
He'll be happy to talk you thru it.

Hi, I used my laptop, it's has the latest version of Windows. I downloaded the Nokta update tool, plugged in the Legend to my laptop and followed the instructions. I believe I had to push the up arrow to start the process, then follow the instructions on the laptop screen.

I think you have the option to download the iPad or Windows update tool
will not work with an iPad

I really don't understand the people who just want to come talk while I am very clearly preoccupied...
If they also detect, that would be one thing, but these people don't!

Did you get the non waterproof version without backlight? Mine is water resistent and has a backlight so i can be out at night in the rain
I don’t think most people get a waterproof detector so they can hunt in the rain and mud. My guess is that so they can use it at the beach and not worry about it getting wet in the saltwater.Same with the flashlight i don’t think they plan on all night hunts.
I could be wrong.
Either way getting a new detector you know nothing about and trying to figure out how to use it at night in the dark while it’s raining is probably not the best way to learn it jmo. Cone on man try to put yourself in his shoes.

But with that said i bet that most people would still buy it if it didn’t have the flashlight. I think its one of those things you can take it or leave it and wasn’t what closed the deal.
Do people actually hunt during night using the flashlight and does it make for a good hunt at night? I would think it would be hard to use the buttons in the dark

The flashlight is for those less than legal hunts...
So your on someone’s property illegally at night allegedly and a flashlight on your detector is going to help you how?
You don’t have any military experience do you?

I was joking. I don't hunt in the rain or when it's dark usually unless im at the beach. Have a little fun