Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GP Extreme thoughts

mwilliwood

Was owndering what everyones thoughts were on using the older gp extreme for relic hunting?Did it have any problems?thanks!

come on surely some of you have used the older sd detector?Anyone got any comments?Have the chance to pick one up reasonable but dont want to waste money!thanks!

Hi Mate

The gp Extreme is one damb fine detector for gold and i cant see why not relics too, they go deep and are a good bullet proof machine,
still very popular here in OZ with the boys.
If you can get one grab it asap and hit them fields, keep in mind the problems with electro magnetic interference from pulse-induction
detecors like these, if searching around areas with powerlines,phone towers, or burried cables.
Best way to knock it on the head is to get a "coiltek" Ant-interference coil, say the 14" round size for good depth and sens...

Good luck on the hunt buddy :twodetecting:

Pete in WA :cheers:

I still run mine almost every weekend for gold. Keep in mind the with the larger coils, it gets a bit more difficult to pinpoint and you will be digging some monster holes that most park rangers will faint over. I have dug a piece of field wire that was several feet long and about 18 inches deep with my Coiltec Wallaby coil and it took a good half hour. The wire was not all balled up, it was strung out pretty straight and just a whisper when first started to dig. I find square nails and old bullets at depth, 2 to 10 inches. If I run my amp I can pick up a small boot tack at 4 inches. All of my depths are in the dirt and not AIR test.
Will never part with it.
Hope this helps a bit.
Micheal