Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GPX 5000 Running DD coils a Mono

Jim Robertson

Just remember any of the DD coils can be run as Mono if you want to find out how much stronger that signal is in mono. All you have to do is flip the Coil/ RX button to mono and the left side of the coil is hot and it is the side that picks up the target. I know when I am in and area where I was digging 69 cal round balls you could run it in mono and go a lot deeper. You can always flip it back to DD and check. Just a little trick that you can try.

:cheers: Great post Jim,

Also just to add to jim's post, if running a DD coil in "psuedo - Mono" you still have the ability to use the disc mode if you want too,
of course the depth overall is by no way the same as you would get by running a true "Mono coil", and this depth is also severely
cut down as the mineralisation gets worse or the amount of salt becomes greater.

Overlapping the coil by at least 1/3 when in "psuedo - Mono" mode is vital to reduce loss of deeper targets,
so if you are running a DD coil and getting tiny 0.1 and smaller bits, once they are dug up they can be hard as hell
to find in the heap, simply by switching into "Mono mode" you can find the little buggers easily and get on with the job..

Pete in WA :cheers:

I would not recommend using a DD coil in the Mono Coil/Rx mode with the Iron Reject option, it might seem like it works but there is a very REAL chance you'll leave good targets in the ground. Best bet is to revert back to the DD Coil/Rx mode and then check the target with the Iron Reject option (Try setting up a custom Search mode with Iron Reject already pre-selected to facilitate going from one Coil/Rx method to another).

Hope this helps,

JP