Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gpx coil on a TDI?

Digger70pa

I haven't tried it yet but was wondering if anyone has ever used minelab DD coils on a TDI?

Not used a GPX DD coil on a TDI,but 'almost' all my coils that i use on my TDI Pro are GPX mono coils,i cannot see a reason why the DD would not work,but the beauty of it is that you can pick up GPX Mono coils relatively cheaply as the iron rejection on the GPX only works with DD coils,but the TDI still works a treat with Mono coils.

My favourite main use coil for my TDI is the Coiltek 14x9 mono coil,its as light as a feather because its foam filled and pinpoints superbly as the windings are right on the edge of the coil.

I guess I need to be looking for a mono coil for my TDI. I've read where just about any of the Minelab PI mono coils will work fine on the TDI.

I know miner john was making DD coils for the TDI. I have a few DD coils for my gpx. I was told just by design the DD coil will discriminate shallow iron with the TDI.