Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great find this weekend

Hello friends! Sorry I haven't posted in a good while. Work and just life in general have taken up most of my time. Anywho, was able to pick up a nice hardly used X505 this weekend. They were only asking $150 for it so I jumped on it right away, Ya just don't see to many folks around here selling X-terra's on Craigslist for any amount of money. The thing was practically in new condition, Even had the plastic protector still on the face of the control box. Made my weekend. Gonna set this one up with the 15 inch dd 3kHz coil!

Ok, now for one of my finds that I got about 5 months ago. Nice 10k ring with what I hope is a diamond. Just need the time to take it to someone to have appraised. Found this believe it or not with the 9inch cc 3kHz coil. It was buried about 5 inches under a load of pine needles, peat and finally soil next to big old pine tree. The ring is very old for sure. It has 10k marking and what I believe to be a CC marking. I can
t remember what I rang up as but I was running tracking and sens was about 25/26, that's what I normally run the machine in the woods.

I am so looking forward to the cool weather coming. It's just been to darn hot to detect this summer. Hope to really give my new 15 inch coil a work out and report back to all of ya. Be safe and have fun! HH All!!

Emmett:usaflag:

That is a nice ring. Makes me jealous as I have only detected a couple times all year. Congratulations.

Good find Emmet. You know I've always thought the 3kHz coil was the best freq available. And even though that is one beautiful ring you found, I'd have to say finding the X-505 for $150 was an even better find! Congrats on both! HH Randy

Digger said:
, I'd have to say finding the X-505 for $150 was an even better find! Congrats on both! HH Randy

I agree!! I was so glad to travel the 85 miles to New Hampshire to pick it up for that price! It also came with a ctx3030 padded bag brand new still in the packaging. Have used the machine a few times so far and no complaints! Hope all is well with you Randy.

HH ALL

Emmett

I'm doing OK buddy. Still battling some of the damned infections I got at the hospital a couple years ago. I suppose if they haven't killed me yet, they will eventually make me stronger! HH Randy