Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground balance Sovereign xs

It has been a long time since I've used my sovereign but I don't remember it having adjustable ground balance.

The Sovereigns ground balance automatically using the BBS technology when you starting sweeping the coil. There is no manual adjustment.

The older Sovereigns requires no manual ground balance. There are ways to help to detect in more difficult ground conditions, turn the sensitivity to a lower position, slower sweep speeds and usually a smaller coil will help. Electrical interference can be helped by going from Band 2 to Band 1. Reminder some coils handle ground conditions better especially the newer models. My Sovereign usually handles most ground conditions very well. HH Ron

Correctomundo - there isn't any way to alter the Ground Balance on the original Sov XS (the GT can be adjusted a tad but not by much)

You can 'fool around' with [ attempting to GB ] by going into All Metal and turn Threshold way up and 'bob the coil up & down' while adjusting the Sensitivity but it won't matter.
Just let it 'do it's thing!'
It can take [ 15 minutes ] for a Sov to [ really settle down ] and [ achieve optimum comfort in itself ] assisted by "not coming into contact" with targets during that time!