Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground Balance

A

Anonymous

I received my MXT today and have a question about balancing. The owners guide says to pump it up and down a few times. But what if I hand the unit to a friend or hold it across my lap or arms while I scoop something up. Will it still be in balance if it is not always pointed to the ground? or do I have to pump it again. Is it correct that I will need balancing again if I turn the unit off and on.

After you initially ground balance it, if you leave
in in Ground, it will continually balance out the
mineralization. How or where you hold it shouldn't matter. After you turn it on, best to ground
each time. Richard

The mxt has a very quik ground balance,no matter what you do in a couple sweeps it will catch up.

You should always re-check your ground balance after you pause for a period of time. If you keep your GB in lock mode, this can help from any drifting that could occur. Don't depend on it though.
It's best to also re-check your GB after encountering any iron objects that can offset your GB. This can be a plus though. Use it to your advantage !!