Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ground balance

chalky147

Since using the 3.2 the pumping g/b numbers are showing much lower than the actual indicated,has any one else found this to be so and if so what do u do to rectify this fault other than using one of the other options to g/b

Odd since the 3.2 upgrade did not touch the GB function . . . . . what numbers is the PUMPING GB'ing at and what does the other number indicate - i.e., what do the two numbers on the right indicate and does TRACKING provide different values?

Andy

Hi there are quite a few of us having this issue, pumping showing 69/71 ish actual then reading mid 80 on my land.have over 7 years with x.p over 3 with deus and did not have this issue with v2,allways used tracking with v2 now the general feeling is not to use it with v3.2 so have not used it in tracking lately.i am u.k. based .

chalky147 said:
Hi there are quite a few of us having this issue, pumping showing 69/71 ish actual then reading mid 80 on my land.have over 7 years with x.p over 3 with deus and did not have this issue with v2,allways used tracking with v2 now the general feeling is not to use it with v3.2 so have not used it in tracking lately.i am u.k. based .

I noticed this Sunday. I have 2 nearly identical programs based on Basic 1 (one at 12Kh and one at 4Khz) both set for Tracking. Sometimes I notice the 4 Khz program's GB is lagging behind the indicated so I'll try to pump it. It seemed to run at least 10 lower than the indicated so I stopped trying to pump it and left it on Tracking.

Hey biggziff, are you talking about when you first switch over? And you're taking about the upper right corner value? Yes, I experience the same thing. It seems to default to gb = 90 when switching. But after less than about 30 seconds of swinging it reflects what it is actually seeing. Actually, I get the same thing whenever I put the detector down to dig; when I pick it back up it has gone to 90. But what you set manually is retained, and if set correctly should be giving appropriate target responses.

I've been wondering if tracking does the same thing (that is, reset when switching programs our out down the detector to dig) when you use that for gb. I almost exclusively do a combination of pumping and manual gb. I disliked tracking because of how it behaves when swinging repeatedly over a questionable target.

Rich

Also check the dirt in between the coil and coil cover, it will build up and affect the gb.

DaveV3i said:
Also check the dirt in between the coil and coil cover, it will build up and affect the gb.

I was out in the rain and noticed that as water acumulated between the cover and the coil that things went wonky...had to let the water drain out every few minutes.