Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground balancing

stephenscool

Have a new to me atx arriving tomorrow or the day after. I'm planning on factory reseting using the retune/turn on. How important is ground balancing? Is it something that must be done? Use a tdi here regularly and have never gb. Wetsand salt water. I will turn up the disc to 2 or 3 and reduce sens to 7 or 8... then frequency scan. Am I missing any steps here that will have a large impact?
Any preffered way of using the harness or just rig it up?

If I don't properly ground balance my ATX, it runs a but chatty, but I can usually still hear a shallow target. Give yourself at least 30 seconds of pumping the coil to the soil. I find that a temperature change to the coil from a warm car to colder water also requires another ground balance after about 15 minutes.

I recently saw a video on youtube and the operator recommended not GBing the ATX on the wet salt. Turned machine on with coil in air then lowered coil to beach and let it autotune. Said machine went deeper this way. It was a comparison test and at max sensitivity the ATX was hitting a 16" dime with this setup.

I've never run mine at the ocean, only fresh water so I guess it eould be worth a try.

Will give it a try. With ground balancing I've found I've had to decrease sensitivity to 11 or so and up discrimination to at least 3 or 4. This isn't a highly minerlized beach. Still having difficulty distinguishing between a whisper and chatter.
Wil try the autotunr