Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GTAX 750 upgrade?

A

Anonymous

I own a GTAX 750. It is 1 1/2 years old. It goes crazy every now and then. Starts beeping at everything, even when it held in the air away from everything. Any ideas as to why?
Also I was wondering if it could be upgraded to GTAX 1250 if I have to send it back to the factory for repair.

press and hold the power key until it beeps twice. that defaults to the factoy settings. the erratic detector syndrome usually happpens after a battery change every tiem i change batteries i reset my 1250. read your owners manual the remedy is in there when mine did that i called the factory and they told me to re read the manual hahahah after they told me how to remedy the problem

Another reason is on occasion you work a site with real quiet ground and crank the sensitivity all the way up. Then two weeks later, you're back to your old haunts and forget the sensitivity. Now there's trash everywhere and power lines overhead or underground etc.. and Pulltabs everywhere of course.
Makes a pretty noisy machine till you finally remember the sensitivity. Porkie is right though, it's usually quicker to just to the reset and then customize again.
In a really bad area you may even have to reduce the sensitivity from the default of 9.5 to 7 or so.
Good luck!

I have changed batteries, pressed and held start button to reset, lowered sensitivity. If I use it for an hour or so, then turn it off. Move to different site, restart, then it starts to go crazy.
Restarting sometimes helps but mostly letting sit for a few minutes, will let it correct itself.