Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Guess what i found today

kycoinseeker

Today I went to a near my town to met a new MD partner. We meet at Hardy's and chatted a bit to get to know each other. After talking for a while Ken invited me to go over to a school and do a little hunting. The school looked to be 1950-1960. There was a nice little valley in the grass running out from the building so we decided to start there. Ken took his CTX3030 and went down in the valley I choose to work my way around to the top of the one side of the valley by the road. As i worked my way over to that area I noticed that someone had been detecting there not long ago. there was small little open holes with junk in them :confused:. After closing them up I moved across the valley and started working my way up the other side. I still had not found anything Ken was still in the bottom of the valley he was hitting clad quarter after clad quarter down at 7-9" man does that machine have some depth. So me and my old beat up XLT started working up the hill about 1/3 the way up I hit a 68-69 that usually is a bottle cap, but something about the sound made me stop after swing over it a couple times, my mind said dig it i checked the depth it was only down about 1 1/2" , But still something told me to dig it. when I pulled the plug out there at the side of the hole I caught the glint of silver. I called Ken over and showed him after the congrats he wanted to check it with his machine. He to got a low 11 xx number I pull the plug back and uncovered the coin it looked to be a Roosevelt as I picked the coin up if was very, very thin after looking at it I thought it was a very worn barber dime the date looked to be 1890 when i turned the coin over it was not a barber but some foreign coin, just my luck. In the bag it went and off I went hunting again. I didn't find anything else but some clad coinage. we meet back up at the vehicles and talked a bit and said our good byes. When I got home I dug the coin out of my bag and clean it off with a Q-tip and some water after looking at it I saw that on the front of it was FERDIN Vii and on the back it had HISPAN, the date was NOT 1890 but 1820. Still not knowing what it was I got on the Internet and looked it OMG it was a 1920 Spanish 1/2 real made in Mexico. This is my oldest coin to date and my first real. Now as I set here looking at it, I wonder how this coin got to be in a little old town in the middle of KY. OMG the story it could tell. This is what I love about MDing, you never know what you going to dig up. Thanks again Ken for taking me to your spot. Hum I hope I get invited back LOL

Very neat find. And the never knowing what you'll dig up is a big part of the hobby for me, also.
BB

The thing is, there are a lot of earlier half reales dug, but not many King Ferdinand VII! Very nice! Congratulations!

Nice post and congrats on the finds.

Somebody has been bitten by the detecting bug! Congratulations on the super nice coin! - Jim

What a great find! That should keep the fire stoked up for a while!!

Congratulations. Where in ky are you? I live in larue county.

Thanks everyone for all the positive feed back. Sorry for not being able to post a pic of it. Thanks Neil in west Jersey for posting a pic of one. mine looks just like that except its worn just a little more.
7centsworth I live in Louisville but found this in a near by town. Give me a shout if you want to hook up and go hunting. I'm currently unemployed/semi retired so I have to much time on my hands. that goes for anyone else that wants to go hunting. Thanks again for the feed back, hope to post some other good finds I found last week as soon as I can get some pic's of them.