Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Guess who got a new G2+LTD?

Mike Hillis

ME, ME, ME. :clapping:

1st Texas' Fall special includes the F19/G2+ models. The special fall MAP price is 449.00. Your favorite dealer should get you a discount off of that as well. The end result is a deal that is too good to pass up. :hot:

My brand new G2+ LTD green camo unit should be here before the weekend.

I'm excited. :crazy:

HH
Mike

I think you are going to like it. I've yet to try a detector that has a more stable VDI at the limit of its depth capabilities.

Wife has had a pink F19 for a year now. She is pretty dangerous with it. I decided this deal was too good to pass up and just bought a G2+ for myself. Looking forward to it.

I agree with dfmike...the ID on her F19 is very good all the way to the edge of the detection limit. I regularly call her over to see what her F19 is reading when I have a bouncy signal.

The Huntress better be on her toes because now she's facing real competition :)

Seriously, the G2+ should do great on the California beaches.

Ran perfect. I like it.

HH
Mike

Mike, I don't think you do a lot of beaches but wherever you go, be prepared to pick up a lot of tiny targets. I'll post a picture soon about the small stuff I find on the beaches. I'm talking beaches that are pounded to death. It's evident to me that the detectors others use probably can't pick these things up. Some of these targets hit in the aluminum range (foil bits), others are higher up but they lay there at depth invisible to a lot of other machines (my F5 for example). It was the first particularity of the F19 that was immediately apparent to me compared to other machines I have used. I can now understand why gold nugget hunters would really want a machine like this.

I still wish it had a 3 or 4 tone mode for coins.

Keep us posted.

dfmike said:
Mike, I don't think you do a lot of beaches but wherever you go, be prepared to pick up a lot of tiny targets. I'll post a picture soon about the small stuff I find on the beaches. I'm talking beaches that are pounded to death. It's evident to me that the detectors others use probably can't pick these things up. Some of these targets hit in the aluminum range (foil bits), others are higher up but they lay there at depth invisible to a lot of other machines (my F5 for example). It was the first particularity of the F19 that was immediately apparent to me compared to other machines I have used. I can now understand why gold nugget hunters would really want a machine like this.

I still wish it had a 3 or 4 tone mode for coins.

Keep us posted.

Hi Mike,in which mode disc or AM g2+ will pick
Up small foils/micro jewellery?
I noticed with my g2+ in AM. it locks on tiny stuff (so far foils..) that the pinpointer struggle to detect. Also Vdi does not appear on metering arc on top.

While on disc mode, micro stuff is not detected . I wonder if I am doing something wrong like bad ground balace or it is because 11 dd coil.

I have never used my F19 in all metal. I've tried it but the constant barrage of sound in junky areas drives me crazy. I know I'm missing depth but I'd probably be missing more by not being able to make sense of all the racket. I don't know what you consider micro but I do know that in discrim zero and gain at max, I sometimes struggle to even find what the detector sees in the ground. On a few occasions my pin pointer could not find the target. Most of the time these targets fall in the foil range even if they aren't always made of aluminum. Their small size usually amounts to a target ID in the lower to upper 40's. I don't need the metering arc in disc mode and all these small targets show an ID number.

Generally I use the 11 DD or the Ultimate coil on the beach and I still get the very small targets. Perhaps the detector will pick up more of these at the beach (on sand) ? I find a lot of tiny bits of screw on bottle caps (pop caps) at the beach. I wish I had a photo but these are really small and hard to see with the naked eye unless you have one right on the tip of a finger. Our beaches are all fresh water and the F19 will GB like it would on soil (in the high 60's to about 80) depending on where I am. I hunted today and I GB'd in 3 different areas. It was all in the 68-70 range.

When you put your G2+in disc mode, do you raise the discrimination at all ? Do you use v-break ? Set your G2 to discrim zero, no v-break , no notch, gain at maximum and see if you can get the small targets that you get in all metal.

Mike, normally I set disc at 45, vbreak at 60 and gain at 100. Gb registers 24/27 in dry sand and down to 7/5 in wet sand. coil 11 Dd .
With this settings my g2+ firmly locks on drawing pins and 1 cent euro coins (2.3 grams of copper covered steel). On trashy areas I raise disc till 65 in order to exclude pull tabs.
Today I had the chance to test the g2 on old yard covered by rust scales and on basalt soil. Disc a 57 and gains at 80. I could barely ground balance, still I found an old spoon and some aluminium screw caps, but also a tiny drawing pin... Soil condition were really bad, one pass of strong magnet was sufficent to get it fully covered by rust scales and nails. Now I believe more on g2 capabilities.
I will give a try to your set up next time I go to the beach.

Regards

MP

Out of curiosity, what ID do you get from those 1 cent euro coins ? And I thought we were the only ones to have evil steel core coins (in Canada). :)

Those coins give a jumpy vdi from 84 to 67 never steady.by the way I gave a try to your settings, not much luck, just a pile of junk, but I collected some tiny items as well :thumbup:.
etEqpn0VGDLKTAWh1

The bunch of items in the top middle is what I'm referring to when I meant small in my previous posts. I regularly pick up stuff that is smaller than that at the beach. If I ignore small foil in the 40-50 range, the detector will skip these but then I might also miss a very small gold ring or chain. I usually skip the 40-47 range entirely as virtually all of these will be small foil bits or small hardware (washers, micro buttons and pieces of wire). I just don't have the time to dig every signal past 40 in moderate to heavy trash.

Yeah they were all within 40 to 50. So confirmed and well noted the settings to get micro stuff- no disc and gain at 100.
Today the beach was covered by pebbles because a strong wind blew away the sand and most of top trash, so targets were well apart and it was easy to dig everything but iron (vdi below 40?), it was worth to give a try hunting small jewellery- one of the reasons for purchasing the g2.

Thanks

MP

This is the results after 2 and 1/2 hours hunting at the beach. Disc 45 Gain 100 and Vbreak at 62. First gold earring found with the G2+ beside other tiny stuff.
All found on dry sand. The total value of coins is 14.40 Euros (17 USD) and a bag of pull tabs and bottle caps.
G2+ is a very effective machine for coin hunting, Overall happy with it and feeling I am getting more pro-efficient with time.

17$ USD worth of coins for a few hours is a pretty good haul. Since you found a gold earring I gather you were also digging the targets contained below the v-break grunt sound ?

dfmike said:
17$ USD worth of coins for a few hours is a pretty good haul. Since you found a gold earring I gather you were also digging the targets contained below the v-br8eak grunt sound ?
I was digging all targets sounding consistent, strong and repetable.... and shallow i could get just scratching ground with shoes. Only above 62 I had been digginxg even deep targets. I set the vbrakw just above pull tabs Vdi . They sound in between 57 and 61. The bigger their ring the higher the vdi, sometimes getting in coins range.
By the way today; g2 stroke again as I found a old 1724 copper coin 1.6 grams weight. Getting even happier with my g2+