Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Guidence

A

Anonymous

I am 57 years old and am in good condition. I do not intend to learn to dive for treasure in the ocean or freshwater BUT I do wade in them. I own two Fisher CZ7a Pro model detectors and I am sure before long I will step in a hole or hit a stump or a sting ray will pop me and I am going to dunk the unit. I have been very successful in the water and intend on being back in it more often in the future. I hunt 300 day out of each year now as I am retired. I travel in a MH 7 months of the year and md all over the country. That is the background on me and now here is the question. For wading only, up to my chest, jewerly is the no 1 drawing card of the water, coins second...what type of unit should I buy??? What brand? Should I be looking at a PI unit or the other??? Your personal thoughts, commericial or not, I am interested those thoughts.
P.S. This classroom is wonderful. I would have had to travel hundreds of miles, spent hundreds of dollars, taken valuable time off from work to have an hour or two with you guys....with this medium in my own house, on my on computer...you guys are right here...what a wonder thing you are doing and how lucky I am and several hundred others...Frank Hamill, Chattanooga, Tennessee

I would recommend buying a Fisher CZ20 since you are all ready using a Fisher CZ7. This way you will not have a learning curve. Plus the CZ20 is built for heavy duty use. Since you will be hunting both fresh water and ocean. I would recommend the 8 inch loop because in some ocean waters. The mineralization will cause problems with the 10.5 inch loop. But if you do want pure depth on deep gold rings in the ocean. The CS-7 PI is the only way to go for the present time. Sorry but there is no prefect all around machine yet.
Terry

I think Terry hit the nail on the head. Your already familiar with the sounds of the Fisher CZ.
The sensitivity of the CZ-20 is like your CZ-7 in the salt mode. Unfortunately Fisher with all it

Boy, common sense plus education and experience is a hard conbination to beat...I believe I got that in the suggestions...Thanks Bill and Terry you both gave very good suggestions to me and after reading them and then studing them (there is a difference) I have been at the companys sites again. I will post the results of my final buy....(well mu final buy this time; this is metal detecting for gold rush people of the future.... Frank