Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had a few minutes to Hunt with the Smart today

woodchiphustler

Perfect detector for hunting sites loaded with nails. Plucked a rosette, flat button and a handful of shotgun brass. Two things I would change. For me a tall man rod. Rod two inches to short. Extend the ground balance range. I'm just about out in mild soil. I used my piece of ferrite to ground balance and left it alone. The two tones are pleasing to my ear. Misshapen non ferrous will give you a small amount of iron buzz. On large signals just draw the coil back towards you and if the target is iron the low tone will come through. More info later.

yeah wood chip i played with mine for the first time in my yard i had a bare spot and i could hear that iron fuzz tone would come in also try this with your coil when you get into some iron take the edge of your coil and see if it hits the edge first then try a nice non ferrous target and see if it will go past the edge and hit sweet in the middle of it i think i was getting this to happen every now and then see what you think?

George, Pick up a Garrett AT middle shaft, $25....Works great, tightens up nice too, about 4-5 inches longer than the Vista shaft......Mark

Thanks Mark.